The Student Room Group

GCSE Revision Chat Thread

I haven't done any. How many hours you doing a day?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by LiviL97

I started studying today. I started studying at 4 (it currently 8:26 where i live) and I am taking a break right now - I plan on doing another 2 chapters of biology before i sleep.

It might seem a bit excessive to study all day, but since i NEED to get all A*'s i intend to do whatever it takes.

When do you plan on starting?
Reply 2
Original post by pbunny
I started studying today. I started studying at 4 (it currently 8:26 where i live) and I am taking a break right now - I plan on doing another 2 chapters of biology before i sleep.

It might seem a bit excessive to study all day, but since i NEED to get all A*'s i intend to do whatever it takes.

When do you plan on starting?

Well technically I have done little bits of bio over the past month but I wouldn't class it as revising. I'd like to think either tonight or tomorrow. I'll do a bit tonight but i'll start properly tomorrow.

Don't study all day. Your brain will stop taking in info

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by LiviL97
Well technically I have done little bits of bio over the past month but I wouldn't class it as revising. I'd like to think either tonight or tomorrow. I'll do a bit tonight but i'll start properly tomorrow.

Don't study all day. Your brain will stop taking in info

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trust me, it's not that bad, I take a break after every hour.
Reply 4
Did a quick flick through Unit 1 of all the sciences, otherwise nothing :redface:
Reply 5
bump
I have tutors for maths and science so i guess they count as revision as they have been helpful, and I've done a little bit of geography and english :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by LiviL97

This thread makes me feel better about my lack of revision :biggrin: *phew*

Edit: I have no idea why this post is my most liked post on TSR. I can sense that a lot of people are in the same boat :P
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
How can you revise everyday? I can't because I live far away from my school and I have homework and extra curricular activities after school. Otherwise I spent Sundays doing revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by GoldGhost
This thread makes me feel better about my lack of revision :biggrin: *phew*

Im starting to panic now tho
Original post by LiviL97
Im starting to panic now tho

Me too, finishing my notes next week, then I have 6/7 weeks to revise till my first exam!
:colondollar:nothing yet!

I intend on starting the 31st of March (to be specific...bc it's a Monday!)
I didn't realise it was a normal thing to be revising already, I only know of one of my friends who is revising currently.
I've got my last French speaking exam and my art exam next week as well as the final deadline for my H.E CA so only after that will I have free time to do so!
Reply 12
Original post by AlphaNick
92,500 words of revision notes.

I am not even kidding, I have notes for every single subject (except languages and English literature).

Mind sharing em pls?
Original post by LiviL97

About 5 Or 6 hours a day plus extra revision sessions every day after school. About 8 hours per day at the weekend and 2 hours extra tuition a week I'd recommend mind maps, practice essay writing, mock exams, revision cards... good luck in your exams! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I used the CGP revision guide plus exam papers for revision for my mocks and still got 6A*s 5As...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't started yet, and I have two GCSEs coming up in May/June that I would like to do for A-levels. I mean my predicted grades makes it possible for me to do it in A-levels but still.... this is the real one an I haven't even started....

Crap! I'm gonna fail aren't I?😰

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alright, I may not be welcome here cos I've already done my GCSEs and I definitely am not here to brag, just giving advice.
So I did my GCSEs last summer, I had 17 exams in total and I started revising in the easter holidays, which were admittedly earlier last year. I made detailed notes using a combination of my own notes, textbooks and revision guides for most of my subjects - and for sciences I CANNOT STRESS HOW GOOD MYGCSESCIENCE IS seriously watch his videos! He's a lifesaver!
Ok so I'll tone it down now... so basically after making notes for the exams I had before may half term I did past papers and marked them - mark schemes are excellent because you see exactly what answers they're looking for - a lot of questions are quite repetitive. During may half term I revised my next set of exams and did more past papers.

Ok so basically that's how I revised - and I got 13 A*s :smile: it may not work for everyone - many take a longer time to grasp ideas and so should start revising earlier. Good luck to everyone!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by marinajelly
Alright, I may not be welcome here cos I've already done my GCSEs and I definitely am not here to brag, just giving advice.
So I did my GCSEs last summer, I had 17 exams in total and I started revising in the easter holidays, which were admittedly earlier last year. I made detailed notes using a combination of my own notes, textbooks and revision guides for most of my subjects - and for sciences I CANNOT STRESS HOW GOOD MYGCSESCIENCE IS seriously watch his videos! He's a lifesaver!
Ok so I'll tone it down now... so basically after making notes for the exams I had before may half term I did past papers and marked them - mark schemes are excellent because you see exactly what answers they're looking for - a lot of questions are quite repetitive. During may half term I revised my next set of exams and did more past papers.

Ok so basically that's how I revised - and I got 13 A*s :smile: it may not work for everyone - many take a longer time to grasp ideas and so should start revising earlier. Good luck to everyone!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Firenze26
I haven't started yet, and I have two GCSEs coming up in May/June that I would like to do for A-levels. I mean my predicted grades makes it possible for me to do it in A-levels but still.... this is the real one an I haven't even started....

Crap! I'm gonna fail aren't I?😰

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, still got time if you work hard
Waa I'm the same, just started today! Bricking it! XD anyone here take gcse geography wjec spec b???

Latest