The Student Room Group

What subjects do you need to become an accountant?

Hi,
I'm currently in year 11, about to pick my alevels and I'm planning to study accounting and finance.
The subjects I'm planning to study are:
Econmics
Ict
Maths
Sociology or politics or French ( not sure)

Are these alevels suitable?
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Yes they are :smile: I think for accounting you pretty much just need maths :smile:
Maths and Economics a must as they give you an edge and there is hardly any maths in accounting and finance which is any more complex than A level Maths. The difficulty in doing mathematical questions for accounting and finance is actually understanding the Logic behind it. For example I am in final year and I have one exam left which is on International Finance and the maths is easier than GCSE but people struggle because they don't understand the logic. Economics will give you an edge by teaching you essay writing and general knowledge of micro and macro economics. I always selected one module in economics and I achieved a first every time because I knew how to do essay from doing Economics. The third one you can choose your favorite really for my A levels I did Maths, Economics and BTEC IT.
Reply 4
Don't know
Reply 5
Hi I'm in grade 10 and I'm taking Business Studies,Accounting and Maths Lit and i don't know which career path to choose please help
Reply 6
Hi. I just want to know if that’s all the subjects you do in year 10.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending