The Student Room Group

What can I be when I am older 1 job please not lists?

I still don’t know what to be when I am older and here are my gcse results:
COMPUTER SCIENCE - 6 (B)
BIOLOGY - 7 (A)
SPORTS STUDIES - 5 (C)
BUSINESS - 8 (A)
CHEMISTRY - 7 (A)
PHYSICS - 6 (B)
ENGLISH LANGUAGE - 7 (A)
ENGLISH LITERATURE - 6 (B)
MATHS - 6 (B)
SO WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD BE WHEN I AM OLDER STILL DO NOT KNOW EVEN THO GOT MY RESULTS FROM MY RESULTS WHICH JOB DO YOU THINK I SHOULD BE WHEN I AM OLDER???
Forget about your grades for a moment. What are your interests - whether within these subject areas or outside of them? What soft skills do you feel you have - e.g. team-working, communication, problem-solving, etc? Would you prefer a job where you're sat at a desk or moving around more? Would you prefer to rely heavily on computer usage or would you rather be doing something more engaging with your hands? Would you prefer a job that has you interacting with people face-to-face a lot or one where you spend much of your day working alone?
Reply 2
Good careers website with lots of jobs role / career descriptions - https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles
Reply 3
I dont actually knows I was thinking of 3 options an Accountant, Software Tester/Developer and Pharmacist dont know which one I would like and earn good salary and will enjoy the job.

Original post by 1582
Forget about your grades for a moment. What are your interests - whether within these subject areas or outside of them? What soft skills do you feel you have - e.g. team-working, communication, problem-solving, etc? Would you prefer a job where you're sat at a desk or moving around more? Would you prefer to rely heavily on computer usage or would you rather be doing something more engaging with your hands? Would you prefer a job that has you interacting with people face-to-face a lot or one where you spend much of your day working alone?
Original post by aryc_30
I dont actually knows I was thinking of 3 options an Accountant, Software Tester/Developer and Pharmacist dont know which one I would like and earn good salary and will enjoy the job.

Okay well out of those 3 jobs what parts do you like of the actual job and which don’t you like
Reply 5
1.My dream is to become a pharmacist and I love helping people and learning about drugs but is too hard and too much stress and what should be my backup If I don’t become pharmacist I am either gonna be an accountant or software tester but which job is the best just from my gcse grades and what 4 subjects should i pick for a levels if i am stuck in this position?

Original post by flamingolover
Okay well out of those 3 jobs what parts do you like of the actual job and which don’t you like
Reply 7
I don’t wanna become a software tester because I don’t really like computer science I find it hard and confusing and is my worst subject I picked for GCSEs so I am gonna do this I am going to tryna be a pharmacist but if I fail gonna become an accountant and study business management at uni but can I still get into accountancy and also what should 4 options should I pick for a levels if I am stuck with being either a pharmacist or accountant best 4 a level options???

Original post by aryc_30
1.My dream is to become a pharmacist and I love helping people and learning about drugs but is too hard and too much stress and what should be my backup If I don’t become pharmacist I am either gonna be an accountant or software tester but which job is the best just from my gcse grades and what 4 subjects should i pick for a levels if i am stuck in this position?

There is a lot of drugs to learn and stuff but if you enjoy it then it'll be fine. Its not about which job is best for GCSE grades. My dad always says that grades are irrelevant (to a degree) its just a step to the next thing. The most ideal job on paper could be your worst nightmare. I found my career by writing down what i wanted to get out of a career and working from there. No one is going to be able to tell you what job to do.
Original post by aryc_30
I don’t wanna become a software tester because I don’t really like computer science I find it hard and confusing and is my worst subject I picked for GCSEs so I am gonna do this I am going to tryna be a pharmacist but if I fail gonna become an accountant and study business management at uni but can I still get into accountancy and also what should 4 options should I pick for a levels if I am stuck with being either a pharmacist or accountant best 4 a level options???

Would you enjoy being an accountant? Do you have to take 4 a-levels? I swear most places now make you do 3 A-levels. Look at uni requirements. I dont really know but i would imagine good options to choose from are business, economics, maths, biology and chemistry but best to look at entry requirements for pharmacy and business managements jobs. If you would go down the accountant route why would you do business management and not accounting/finance/economics?
Reply 10
Yep but my college needs 4 but I can drop but there’s no point I’m picking chemistry,biology,maths and business those are my a levels I wanna be a pharmacist and study Mpharm at UOM if that DOSENT go well and something is wrong might do accounting at UOM really depends but my dream is to become a pharmacist so gonna try backup is accountancy.

Would you enjoy being an accountant? Do you have to take 4 a-levels? I swear most places now make you do 3 A-levels. Look at uni requirements. I dont really know but i would imagine good options to choose from are business, economics, maths, biology and chemistry but best to look at entry requirements for pharmacy and business managements jobs. If you would go down the accountant route why would you do business management and not accounting/finance/economics?
Reply 11
I wanna become a pharmacist promised mommy mum will try being one and if I can’t got no choice gonna move away from the science and move to business which I did good in my GCSEs and maths and study accountancy really depends on what happens that’s why for a levels I have to pick 4 that is Chemistry,Biology,Maths and Business chemistry and biology will help me becoming a pharmacist if I decide to be one and maths and business will help me if I change my mind to become an accountant so I got backups which is pretty smart.

There is a lot of drugs to learn and stuff but if you enjoy it then it'll be fine. Its not about which job is best for GCSE grades. My dad always says that grades are irrelevant (to a degree) its just a step to the next thing. The most ideal job on paper could be your worst nightmare. I found my career by writing down what i wanted to get out of a career and working from there. No one is going to be able to tell you what job to do.
Original post by aryc_30
I wanna become a pharmacist promised mommy mum will try being one and if I can’t got no choice gonna move away from the science and move to business which I did good in my GCSEs and maths and study accountancy really depends on what happens that’s why for a levels I have to pick 4 that is Chemistry,Biology,Maths and Business chemistry and biology will help me becoming a pharmacist if I decide to be one and maths and business will help me if I change my mind to become an accountant so I got backups which is pretty smart.

why make this thread then? you seem to have decided on your career path

Quick Reply

Latest