BIOLOGY - 7 (A)
SPORT STUDIES - 5 (C)
BUSINESS - 8 (A)
CHEMISTRY - 7 (A)
PHYSICS - 6 (B)
ENGLISH LANGUAGE - 7 (A)
ENGLISH LITERATURE - 6 (B)
MATHS - 6 (B)
What a levels should I pick if I wanna become a pharmacist but could switch to accounting and I need 4 a levels so 2 related to pharmacy and 2 related to accounting so which 4 should I pick which has 2 related to pharmacy and 2 related to accounting but not these 2 are my weakest which are maths and computer science hate them both so not them remember 2 related to pharmacy 2 related to accounting???
Original post by aryc_30
My gcse grades:
COMPUTER SCIENCE - 6 (B)
BIOLOGY - 7 (A)
SPORT STUDIES - 5 (C)
BUSINESS - 8 (A)
CHEMISTRY - 7 (A)
PHYSICS - 6 (B)
ENGLISH LANGUAGE - 7 (A)
ENGLISH LITERATURE - 6 (B)
MATHS - 6 (B)
What a levels should I pick if I wanna become a pharmacist but could switch to accounting and I need 4 a levels so 2 related to pharmacy and 2 related to accounting so which 4 should I pick which has 2 related to pharmacy and 2 related to accounting but not these 2 are my weakest which are maths and computer science hate them both so not them remember 2 related to pharmacy 2 related to accounting???

Hi @aryc_30

I would suggest choosing one or two sciences as you clearly did very well in them for GCSE and they would be useful if you're thinking about studying something like a pharmaceutical degree. Possibly biology and chemistry would be good choices. However, A Level sciences can be challenging at times, so maybe you could pick one of these and then vary your other choices.

If you're not wanting to choose maths, business might be a good choice as you did well in it for GCSE and it can be linked towards accounting and finance too. Plus, it's a broad subject so if you change your mind about what degree you might like to do, you still have A Levels that can support that.

For your other two choices, I'd suggest choosing some subjects that you know you enjoy, whether they relate to pharmacy or accounting or not, as A Levels can become quite challenging and it's good to also have some timetabled lessons that you know you'll look forward to. For me, I chose drama, as I know I liked this subject, and although I don't study drama now at university, I still think it was a good choice for some variation in my A Level studies.

Hope this helps,
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU
Reply 2
Bro my a levels that I am picking is.Chemistry,Biology,Business and Economics=Not changing

Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @aryc_30

I would suggest choosing one or two sciences as you clearly did very well in them for GCSE and they would be useful if you're thinking about studying something like a pharmaceutical degree. Possibly biology and chemistry would be good choices. However, A Level sciences can be challenging at times, so maybe you could pick one of these and then vary your other choices.

If you're not wanting to choose maths, business might be a good choice as you did well in it for GCSE and it can be linked towards accounting and finance too. Plus, it's a broad subject so if you change your mind about what degree you might like to do, you still have A Levels that can support that.

For your other two choices, I'd suggest choosing some subjects that you know you enjoy, whether they relate to pharmacy or accounting or not, as A Levels can become quite challenging and it's good to also have some timetabled lessons that you know you'll look forward to. For me, I chose drama, as I know I liked this subject, and although I don't study drama now at university, I still think it was a good choice for some variation in my A Level studies.

Hope this helps,
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU

Quick Reply

Latest