The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE ENGLISH LITERATURE - Summer 2014 Unit 2

So in doing unit 2 moon if the tides conflict cluster. Was hoping if someone could tell me what type of questions comes up and what do we nee to write about these poems. Also what gets you the marks? Exam is tomorrow please help.
Original post by Basim97
So in doing unit 2 moon if the tides conflict cluster. Was hoping if someone could tell me what type of questions comes up and what do we nee to write about these poems. Also what gets you the marks? Exam is tomorrow please help.

tomorrow? do you mean thursday or are you a different exam board, I have the aqa exam on thursday.
Reply 2
Thursday I mean
I am doing conflict too :smile:
Reply 4
im doing character and voice, anyone got any ideas for what might come up or any last minute tips??
People have been talking about Come on, Come back and Yellow Palm. I would put some emphasis on those two poems although make sure you know the gist of every poem, as you probably already know anything can come up in these AQA exams.
Reply 6
Yes need tips please what to identify
Original post by WeSay
im doing character and voice, anyone got any ideas for what might come up or any last minute tips??

I'd suggest focusing on Les Grands Seigneurs and On a Portrait of a Deaf Man. However, you should definitely go over as many other poems as you can to be safe. One way I get high marks is by trying to think of some unique interpretations for a small number of contrasting poems so you can always use one of these interpretations in the exam (For example, I can almost always spam one of my Casehistory: Alison (head injury) ones and get about 33/36).

The structure I mainly follow is (note that I don't always need to strictly follow it):

Poem A says that '...'. This suggests that '...'. The word '...' has connotations of '...'. This would make the reader feel '...' because '...'. Similarly/In contrast, Poem B makes the reader feel '...'. Poem B says that '...'. This suggests that '...'. The word '...' has connotations of '...'. This would make the reader feel '...' because '...'. I think that Poem A/Poem B is more effective in making the reader feel '...' because '...'.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Applequestria
I'd suggest focusing on Les Grands Seigneurs and On a Portrait of a Deaf Man. However, you should definitely go over as many other poems as you can to be safe. One way I get high marks is by trying to think of some unique interpretations for a small number of contrasting poems so you can always use one of these interpretations in the exam (For example, I can almost always spam one of my Casehistory: Alison (head injury) ones and get about 33/36).

The structure I mainly follow is (note that I don't always need to strictly follow it):

Poem A says that '...'. This suggests that '...'. The word '...' has connotations of '...'. This would make the reader feel '...' because '...'. Similarly/In contrast, Poem B makes the reader feel '...'. Poem B says that '...'. This suggests that '...'. The word '...' has connotations of '...'. This would make the reader feel '...' because '...'. I think that Poem A/Poem B is more effective in making the reader feel '...' because '...'.

.Wat bout writers ideas
visit my thread
Reply 10
Original post by Applequestria

thank you this is really helpful.. hopefully it will work tomorrow..(:
Original post by Basim97
.Wat bout writers ideas

You can certainly add it in if you want (you don't have to completely follow the structure. I think that my structure should just be something to help you along while writing the essay, and you're free to explore other points in the process of writing)

Quick Reply

Latest