The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

They're all correct.
Reply 21
Any grade boundary predictions?
I reckon at most I've lost between 10-12 marks. I remember on the last question it said 'state q' and never had time to write q down, I only wrote the expression replacing q with three!
I'm hoping 63 will still be an A
Reply 23
Original post by Aristos
I thought 6c asked for the translation from y=sin5x to y=sin5(x+10) would that not be -10 0 I might have read the question wrong :s-smilie:

As far as i am aware the translation for sin(ax) to sin(ax+b) is (-b/a, 0) but i may be wrong...
Y=sin5x to y=sin(5x+10) is to y=sin5(x+2), so translation by [-2, 0].
If you can remember the question I can re-work out my answer for it.
Reply 26
Original post by nagi96
Why is the translation by 2 degrees? I thought it was 10?

Not sure either. f(x) was sin(5x) so I just said trans (-10,0)

I think it should have been f(x+2). -> 5(x+2) = 5x +10. You've replaced x with x+2
Original post by Doomlar
Okay guys, just finished the C2 exam paper, and I did a mark scheme for C1 so I thought I'd do one for C2. I would appreciate it if anyone could contribute their answers, and if any of my answers are wrong give corrections. Marks are in emboldened, underlined brackets, like so [x]

Unparseable latex formula:

[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\item[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\item Area of triangle = 22cm^2 \hfill \textbf{\underline{[2]}} \\[br]\item Length of BC = 9.3cm \hfill \textbf{\underline{[3]}} \\[br]\end{enumerate}[br]\end{enumerate}[br]

[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\setcounter{enumi}{1}[br]\item[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\item x + 2x^\text{1.5}+ \dfrac{2}{5} x^\text{2.5} + C \hfill \textbf{\underline{[3]}} \\[br]\item[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\item n = 3 \hfill \textbf{\underline{[1]}} \\[br]\item 1+3x^\text{0.5} + 3x + x^\text{1.5} \hfill \textbf{\underline{[1]}} \\[br]\end{enumerate}[br]\item Area under curve = \dfrac{49}{10} \hfill \textbf{\underline{[3]}} \\[br]\end{enumerate}[br]\end{enumerate}[br]

[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\setcounter{enumi}{2}[br]\item[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\item S_\infty = 486 \hfill \textbf{\underline{[2]}} \\[br]\item U_2 = 48 \hfill \textbf{\underline{[1]}} \\[br]\item U_\text{12} = \dfrac{2^\text{34}}{3^\text{19}} \hfill \textbf{\underline{[3]}} \\[br]\end{enumerate}[br]\end{enumerate}[br]

[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\setcounter{enumi}{3}[br]\item[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\item f'(x) = -2x^\text{-3} + 4 \hfill \textbf{\underline{[3]}} \\[br]\item Equation of normal: y+3 = \dfrac{-1}{6} (x+1) \hfill \textbf{\underline{[3]}} \\[br]\item Equation of tangent: y-6 = -12(x -\dfrac{1}{2}) \hfill \textbf{\underline{[5]}} \\[br]\end{enumerate}[br]\end{enumerate}[br]

[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\setcounter{enumi}{4}[br]\item r = 6cm \hfill \textbf{\underline{[6]}} \\[br]\end{enumerate}[br]

[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\setcounter{enumi}{5}[br]\item[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\item Sketch y = sinx \hfill \textbf{\underline{[2]}} \\[br]\item Stretch in x-direction with s.f. \dfrac{1}{5} \hfill \textbf{\underline{[2]}} \\[br]\item Translation [\dfrac{-2^\circ}{0}] \hfill \textbf{\underline{[2]}} \\[br]\end{enumerate}[br]\end{enumerate}[br]

[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\setcounter{enumi}{6}[br]\item[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\item Prove tan^2(x) = \dfrac{3}{2} \hfill \textbf{\underline{[3]}} \\[br]\item \theta = 25^\circ , 65^\circ , 115^\circ , 155^\circ \hfill \textbf{\underline{[4]}} \\[br]\end{enumerate}[br]\end{enumerate}[br]

[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\setcounter{enumi}{7}[br]\item[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\item Show a + 2d = 115 \hfill \textbf{\underline{[3]}} \\[br]\item d = -4 \hfill \textbf{\underline{[3]}} \\[br]\item k = 31, S_\text{31} = 1953 \hfill \textbf{\underline{[5]}} \\[br]\end{enumerate}[br]\end{enumerate}[br]

[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\setcounter{enumi}{8}[br]\item[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\item k = 0.279 \hfill \textbf{\underline{[3]}} \\[br]\item 55 \hfill \textbf{\underline{[4]}} \\[br]\item p = \dfrac{-1}{4} \hfill \textbf{\underline{[3]}} \\[br]\item q = 3 \hfill \textbf{\underline{[5]}} \\[br]

Link to C1 mark scheme: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2685494

I got r =2

Is it wrong?
Reply 28
Original post by eekeek

I think it should have been f(x+2). -> 5(x+2) = 5x +10. You've replaced x with x+2

Do you think I would still get 1 mark then for stating it was a translation?
Original post by eekeek

Yeah it's -2
Original post by BiteMeChilliBoy!
I got r =2

Is it wrong?

Fairly sure it's 6.
Original post by Katy4341
What was the question for 9B. Can anyone remember?

Trapezium rule. Something like x=0,0.5,1,1.5 y=3,3(12^0.5),36,3(12^1.5)

My answers match the scheme entirely except for some reason I thought 5x2.5=10 so there goes the translation question :colondollar:
Reply 32
How many marks would you lose for only stating the two positive values for the tan^2x question?
Original post by nagi96

If it was 2 marks (I think it was) then you'll get 1.
Original post by SeanTheHorse
Trapezium rule. Something like x=0,0.5,1,1.5 y=3,3(12^0.5),36,3(12^1.5)

My answers match the scheme entirely except for some reason I thought 5x2.5=10 so there goes the translation question :colondollar:

My translation was also (-10,0), I put -31 for k but think I will get some method marks. Maybe 1-2. I also never stated q but wrote it in the expression. Some other silly mistakes but hopefully an A, maybe!
Reply 35
Original post by nagi96

Think so. 1 for "translation". 1 for "-2,0" :smile:
Was the translation definitely of sin5x? I think I thought it was just sinx --> sinx+10 :'(
What was question 9b again?
Sorry correcting my other post, k=31 no doubt.

Wonder if I will get marks for k=31.5 hah. At least maybe 1 or two for forming the inequalities.?.
2c, wasn't the integration (which you worked out previously in bii) between 1 and 0?

In which case surely it's 7 and not 4.9?

Can't really remember the question but if anyone can please say

Latest

Trending

Trending