The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by deathbychem
Hey one last thing, do you remember an infrared spectrum question?
what did you write for that?

there was a broad absorption at 3400-3300cm-1 => caused by O-H bond in alcohols
so it was propan-1-ol
Reply 61
What is pH you guys got ? (the one we have to read from the curve ) , and is phenolphthalein okay as the indicator ?
Original post by biochris
there was a broad absorption at 3400-3300cm-1 => caused by O-H bond in alcohols
so it was propan-1-ol

I'm pretty sure that's what i put :biggrin:DDDDDD yay
Original post by Ayaa11
What is pH you guys got ? (the one we have to read from the curve ) , and is phenolphthalein okay as the indicator ?

i used phenolphthalein too
Reply 64
Original post by Ayaa11

pH=8.4.. I used thymol blue (base) (yellow to green) but I think phenlphthalein is ok, too
Reply 65
Original post by Sophiathecreator
i used phenolphthalein too

pH=8.4.. I used thymol blue (base) (yellow to green) but I think phenlphthalein is ok, too

Thanks, hope it will be okay..oh but i think i just put pH as 8 or so, i was in a hurry
Original post by Ayaa11
Thanks, hope it will be okay..oh but i think i just put pH as 8 or so, i was in a hurry

i was also in a hurry and put 8 haha
Reply 67
What was everyone's Kp? Mine was 7.86.. (I can't remember what I wrote but that's something close to what I calculated.)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 68
For the Bronsted-Lowry acid defition I just wrote: proton donor... will they accept it?
Reply 69
Original post by Sophiathecreator
i was also in a hurry and put 8 haha

:biggrin:
Reply 70
Original post by leafy9
What was everyone's Kp? Mine was 7.86.. (I can't remember what I wrote but that's something close to what I calculated.)

mine was 56.6 with no units.. :/
Original post by leafy9

My Kp was 56.6...
For the Bronsted-Lowry acid defition I just wrote: proton donor... will they accept it?

Yep. 1 mark.
Reply 73

I wrote acid is a substance that donates protons

That pH question was about half neutralized acid, so pH = pKa, and a line had to be drawn in the buffering region of the pH curve, to read the pH. I got 4. I'm not too sure though...

I too used the same indicator, but for colour change I put yellow to blue. :/
Reply 75
two 56.6??? ahh. either my memory sucks or I did something wrong. :P
Reply 76
Guys , i can't exactly remember my kp, i have a memory of 50 something too..idk for which one though. Did you get some 1.92 or something for part of that kp calculation ?
What are you guys expecting the grade boundaries to be?
Reply 78
Original post by Relaxedexams
What are you guys expecting the grade boundaries to be?

high ? coz it seems to be somewhat easier but i know several people who ran outta time
i'm hoping less than 74 for an A but who knows
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending