University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 41
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it's here!!

AHMEN FOR THE POSTMAN!!! *starts singing random B*Witched song about postmen*
I thought it was about weathermen?
Reply 43
There's one called Hey Mr Postman. Oh the shame of my knowledge.
Ohhhh right!

I did have the album at one point. Oh how young we were.
Reply 45
Woohoo people!

Someone from the Union has FINALLY replied to my email about the damned address to send those invite thingys to that has had us all so miffed.

It is (drum roll please)...

General Office
University of Manchester Students' Union
Oxford Road
Manchester
M13 9PR

They also had the good grace to apologise for the inconvenience. I should think so to. :wink:
Reply 46
:cry: ... it'll be ages till i get mine! .. everytime i had a letter from manchester, they didn't send it via airmail... so it took ages to get over to germany.. and then they forgot the postcode which is vital, because there are so many villages that have the same name, so it always takes absolutely ages till anything gets there!!! .. I'll probably be in england already :frown: .. i keep telling them the right address :mad:
Reply 47
*offers cookies around to ease sadness*
Reply 48
c_raw9787
Woohoo people!

Someone from the Union has FINALLY replied to my email about the damned address to send those invite thingys to that has had us all so miffed.

General Office
Oxford Road
Manchester
M13 9PR

They also had the good grace to apologise for the inconvenience. I should think so to. :wink:

Thank you very much for this post c_raw, was just about to email them myself :smile:
Reply 49
Nope there is no address for the Students Union form, I sent mine to:

University of Manchester's Students' Union,
Steve Biko Building,
Oxford Road,
Manchester,
M13 9PR.

:smile:

I suppose this or the one above should be fine :biggrin:
Reply 50
I got mine today!
darth_vader05
:bawling: still havent received anything yet :frown:

I'm confused. I read one of your posts and thought you were AS. :rolleyes:
c_raw9787
Woohoo people!

General Office
Oxford Road
Manchester
M13 9PR

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy! You rock :biggrin:

<3
Reply 53
Why thank you, PoisonDonna, you're not too bad yourself! :biggrin:
So when did you guys all get your letters? Coz I've had my accommodation offer & everything now, but haven't had any letters from the uni at all. What am I missing out on?!
dont think you are missing anything really important, as long as you have confirmed your place and you have your accommodation then there wont be a problem. i think the important thing is the AS12 slip which you should have got through from ucas once your offers became unconditional, but even if you dont have this yet the uni will still admit you as long as your place is unconditional and you give them a ring, just means that someone will have an extra form to fill out. if ur still worried then call the uni, only thing that you could be missing is a book called the crucial guide (if manchester) this just tells you what to expect and also lets you send off for some stuff that you can pick up during freshers week. anyway wot ya doin at uni?
helloworld
South Campus
Steve Biko Building
Oxford Road
Manchester M13 9PR

Postal Address - North Campus
University of Manchester Students' Union Barnes Wallis Building
PO Box 88
Sackville Street
Manchester M60 1QD

These are the two addresseso n the website so im not sure which 1 to send it to!

sent mine to the top one, for the simple reason that steve biko is a better name than barnes wallis, oh well, probebly wasted my money though, i just thought the pack might contain some shiny things.
darth_vader05
thanks for the cookies Mkali you want any?

lol, PosionDonna, I wish I was! (which post?)

This post!!:

darth_vader05
I didnt get any letters from Manchester, but the Uni of Sheffield sent me a letter congratulating me on my AS results :rofl: :biggrin: and sent me some info about there degree courses!!! as did the Uni of Lancaster :biggrin: hehe

I realise now it was probably a joke, doh. I'm slow, you see.

Did you have an interview for maths? I probably saw you :wink:
I think mine was the end of January. Maybe the 27th or 28th. Or was that February 27th/28th... I forget.
Reply 59
Okay, I have some questions *shock horror*

In the crucial guide it says that you have to set up an IT account before using your system account or whatever, so can that only be done in the university on their computers?

Also, it says when you first get to manchester you have to apply, via the hornet system, for broadband/connection. How long does this usually take? Or is it like on the day you arrive, you say 'I want my internet damnit' and they flip the switch?

Heh

Latest

Trending

Trending