The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Are there any Anime clubs/societies at Wlv?

hey

just wondering if there is such a thing, i'll start one if I have to!

I really love anime and nintendo games(⌒▽⌒)

EDIT:

holy- it exists! I think? https://m.facebook.com/WolvesAnimeClub?_rdr

they play nintendo games too! looks like I'm gonna enjoy my stay here
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah, there is a full list of societies here:

http://www.wolvesunion.org/societies/currentsocieties/

Also during freshers week there is a 'come and game' session you might be interested in?
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Sophii-Lou
Yeah, there is a full list of societies here:

http://www.wolvesunion.org/societies/currentsocieties/

Also during freshers week there is a 'come and game' session you might be interested in?

Ohh I'm so joining this. I just hope their taste in Anime isn't Naruto and Dragon Ball Z
I've been told I need to watch cleaned but not so sure as the person who told me this also told me to watch kiss x sis!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I've been told I need to watch cleaned but not so sure as the person who told me this also told me to watch kiss x sis!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you mean Clannad? I think your phone autocorrected haha. Kiss x Sis, I almost spat out my water out reading that xD

If you meant Clannad I would probably have to say no, I dropped it halfway. Not because it's bad, it's just extremely depressing. I read the spoilers after dropping it and thanked my stars that I made the right call or I would have been traumatised for life and I'm not even joking.

I would suggest Tokyo Ghoul, it's an anime that's still airing this season and has a really controversial plot and is really interesting. Makes you think.
I watched vampire knight for a while but wasn't too keen. I really liked selfies quest because I read the books when I was young but it suddenly got cancelled :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I watched vampire knight for a while but wasn't too keen. I really liked selfies quest because I read the books when I was young but it suddenly got cancelled :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

*deltora not selfies god I need a refund on this phone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
*deltora not selfies god I need a refund on this phone

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha. I just turn autocorrect off.

I haven't watched Vampire Knights
Original post by Tareko
Did you mean Clannad? I think your phone autocorrected haha. Kiss x Sis, I almost spat out my water out reading that xD

If you meant Clannad I would probably have to say no, I dropped it halfway. Not because it's bad, it's just extremely depressing. I read the spoilers after dropping it and thanked my stars that I made the right call or I would have been traumatised for life and I'm not even joking.

I would suggest Tokyo Ghoul, it's an anime that's still airing this season and has a really controversial plot and is really interesting. Makes you think.

Elaborate, good sir.
Reply 9
Original post by Juichiro
Elaborate, good sir.

Cannibalism.

Spoiler

Haha I wasn't aware cannibalism was 'controversial' more than just plain wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Haha I wasn't aware cannibalism was 'controversial' more than just plain wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's controversial in the way they depict it trust me. You start to sympathise with them, they show you how much they suffer from it. I like the fact that some people are divided in thinking the doves are just - albeit a bit mad. And others sympathise (most people) with the ghouls. You see them trying to act human and be human, they bring themselves near death by eating human food - like if they recieved a gift from someone they would eat it all no matter how disgusting it tastes to them as ghouls. And some fall in love with humans. It's a fantastic anime and has so many more elements that make you think. Really recommend it.
I can understand that. It's like if there was ever zombies or vampires or anything that could only eat humans they wouldn't be 'evil' just like any other animal. Humans get so touchy about that sort of stuff like with sharks which is stupid when we kill anything that moves

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending