The Student Room Group

Can someone explain the following IT Terms: Infrastructure Support, Application Su...

I'm applying for a graduate job right now and although these things aren't their key focus, I'd like to know more about what they mean because I'd like to be fully prepared for the interview, which I have coming up soon.

If you could just briefly summarize (please don't make it too long) the following terms:

* Application Support
* Infrastructure Support
* Data & Operational Analyst
* MX.3

Thanks in advance.

Spoiler

Reply 1
Original post by muffingg
I'm applying for a graduate job right now and although these things aren't their key focus, I'd like to know more about what they mean because I'd like to be fully prepared for the interview, which I have coming up soon.

If you could just briefly summarize (please don't make it too long) the following terms:

* Application Support
* Infrastructure Support
* Data & Operational Analyst
* MX.3

Thanks in advance.

Spoiler

The first one is where you're supporting a particular application such as, say, a system for holding the company's client data. Users might contact you if something goes wrong in that application, or something unusual has happened.

The second one is supporting things that are not specific to a particular application. This could include servers, networks, printers, computers etc. The exact role would vary by the size of the company although it's not likely to be the same as first level IT support.

The third one is a fairly vague term. It could refer to handling data relating to activities carried out by the company. Or it could refer to something else entirely. 'Analyst' could refer either to you analysing/researching data or it could refer to you being on the graduate programme.

I have no idea what the 4th one means. It might be worth looking it up in Google or see how it's referred to in context.
Reply 2
Just Google them
Reply 3
Original post by MUN123
Just Google them

Thanks. I actually didn't think of that before.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending