The Student Room Group

AQA Gcse modular Maths - rate my chances plz

hi guys. i am writing to ask the question of how good in the exam i need to preform and if i have a chance of getting an A/A* grade. basically, i have been doing the intermediate papers for module 1 data handling i think/ module 3 number and for both i have obtained very high Bs bout 85+% for each. Plus i obtained an A grade for the statistics coursework. but i'm currently doing the algebra coursework. plz give me advice on how well i have to do and wat my chances are. plus some advice on what i can do to get the A grade.

THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS.

PS share your similar experiences too.
Reply 1
Could you please post your actual module marks for the exams you have done and the coursework. This will make calculations easier and make is possible to determine if you can achieve A/A* grades but looking at your results so far I think you *might* be able to get an A if you sit a higher exam?
Reply 2
If you can't sit a higher exam for any of your module then I don't think it would be possible to get an A as far as I understand if the system is similar to the DT one.
Cataclysm
Could you please post your actual module marks for the exams you have done and the coursework. This will make calculations easier and make is possible to determine if you can achieve A/A* grades but looking at your results so far I think you *might* be able to get an A if you sit a higher exam?

ok then, my coursework score for the statistics was 7,7,6 and for the exams i don't know but my teacher said around 87% (B) so maybe you can use that. yes i will definitely be taking the higher terminal papers. please reply asap/
oh, whats more; my current algebra coursework stands at 7,6,6: around A i think and 10% of the marks.
Reply 5
First you can't get an A if you dont sit Higher Tier, regardless of getting A/A*s in your coursework. If you done higher for the final exam then MAYBE you would get an A, but I have to tell you that the Algebra is A LOT harder in higher than intermediate! I found most of the algebra could be done in your head for intermediate, but Higher takes time.

766 is definatly an A, taking that 666 is an A. For an A*, you would need to get AT LEAST 877.

To be honest, my school only puts people in for higher if they plan to do A Level Maths, so unless your planning to, then stay with intermediate. All you need is a C anyway!
Reply 6
Cataclysm
If you can't sit a higher exam for any of your module then I don't think it would be possible to get an A as far as I understand if the system is similar to the DT one.

You would need to sit more than 1. I think it's what [aper you sit at the Final Exam that determains the A/A* grades... considering ou get high marks in all the modules...

Latest