2022 Edexcel Maths GCSE (Higher) Checklist

Watch this thread
Notnek
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
2022 Edexcel GCSE Maths (Higher) Checklist

Edexcel have released a list of topics here that will be on each of the three 2022 Higher GCSE maths exam papers. Below is a list of all these topics as a checklist including links to questions for each topic. The majority of questions are taken from JustMaths, MathsGenie and CorbettMaths - solutions can be found on these websites. A printable PDF checklist is attached to this post.

Read me first!
- This checklist may be useful for you as part of your revision but it shouldn't be used for the majority of your revision. Questions in the exams will combine multiple topics in a single question. This checklist provides practice for topics in isolation, but it is very important that you practice real Edexcel past/practice questions that will be similar to the types of questions in your exam.

- The linked questions for a particular topic could be quite different from what is actually examined and may be harder/easier (more likely easier).

- The list that Edexcel have provided won’t have listed every single thing that will be examined including assumed knowledge. For example, “Negative numbers” is only mentioned as part of paper 3 but of course that doesn’t mean that you won’t see negative numbers anywhere in the other two papers.

- Some of the linked question sheets include other topics as well as the ones mentioned so if you want to practice only the topic mentioned then you will need to ignore the irrelevant questions.

If you have any further questions about this checklist, the Edexcel advance information or notice a mistake in the checklist then please post in this thread.

Attached files
Last edited by Notnek; 2 months ago
Notnek
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
This is complete now. If anyone notices any incorrect links or has any other questions please let me know.
username0606
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Notnek)
This is complete now. If anyone notices any incorrect links or has any other questions please let me know.
is there an aqa version of this
Notnek
Rep:
(Original post by username0606)
is there an aqa version of this
Not any that I’ve made. I may make one if there’s enough demand.
Talkative Toad
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
giving me nostalgia from GCSE maths. Nice thread, must have taken you a long time to fully set it up.
Notnek
Rep:
(Original post by Talkative Toad)
giving me nostalgia from GCSE maths. Nice thread, must have taken you a long time to fully set it up.
I’ve made a similar checklist in the past for the whole syllabus so for this one it was mainly a lot of copy and paste
Talkative Toad
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I’ve made a similar checklist in the past for the whole syllabus so for this one it was mainly a lot of copy and paste
i see
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
AQA have brought out a new version
username0606
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
AQA have brought out a new version
again?
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by username0606)
again?
version 1 ... we don't do AQA so heard this fronm a friend
alihoyle
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Is there an Edexcel foundation checklist?
astra doll
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
please make one, i would greatly appreciate as will many others!!
alberw21
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
so will topics such as loci, bearings, congruency that are not on the list, not turn up in the summer exam at all??
Notnek
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by alberw21)
so will topics such as loci, bearings, congruency that are not on the list, not turn up in the summer exam at all??
Yes those are three major topics that are not mentioned at all in the higher list so unless Edexcel have made a mistake (unlikely) you won’t see any of those topics appear.
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by astra doll)
please make one, i would greatly appreciate as will many others!!
Isn't your school doing that?
Sb2005
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Yes those are three major topics that are not mentioned at all in the higher list so unless Edexcel have made a mistake (unlikely) you won’t see any of those topics appear.
What about surds ? I haven't seen that mentioned either...
Notnek
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Sb2005)
What about surds ? I haven't seen that mentioned either...
"Simplification of surds" is mentioned as part of the Higher list.
notmylifeso
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Thank you so much i always have trouble revising and finding out topics for my exams If i can does the 2022 papers are similar to 2021 i just want to know if the past papers are related to 2022 topics (Edexcel) Thank you again
artinspire21
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
thank you so much!!
the bear
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i have read elsewhere that the following topics will not be examined by Edexcel for GCSE Higher Maths:

Quadratic Sequence,
Completing the Square,
Congruence,
Volume of cone and sphere,
Proofs,
Iteration
Bearings
Loci

is this correct ?

and will AQA exclude these topics also ?

:holmes:

Notnek

Muttley79
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (82)
44.32%
Not yet, but I will soon (24)
12.97%
No (79)
42.7%

Watched Threads