The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria /Teeside Adult Nursing Applicants 2015 entry.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Jessio
over a month :O

Yeah! They said I should hear back within 2 weeks of my interview if I'm successful or not :smile:
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Original post by EbonyR
Yeah! They said I should hear back within 2 weeks of my interview if I'm successful or not :smile:

Mines been sent out todayy, Wow good luck to youu
Reply 22
Original post by Jessio
Mines been sent out todayy, Wow good luck to youu

Thankss you too :smile:
Original post by EbonyR
It's all on the same day yeah. My interview was at 9am so we started the tests at 9.10am and had until 9.46am to do both maths & English. Then they play a 20min video about the course while they mark the tests. Once that's finished they give people who passed time slots for their interview & room number. Mine was at 11am and was out by quarter past!

That's really helpful thank you! It's a pretty fast process then!! How long did your interview last? Do you have any idea what time the latest interview was? It's really tough booking a train ticket home not knowing!! Best of luck though keep us updated on the outcome! :smile: xx
Mine is also 10th at 8:45... Has anyone heard from Northumbria yet?
That's good, I thought we would need to wait until all interviews were finished before we found out.
Reply 26
Hiya everyone :-) I sent my application just over a week ago for northumbria/teesside and received an invite for interview today for teesside. This is my second time applying but I am still very nervous xx
Reply 27
Original post by ballroom beans
Hi. I sent my application on the 13th of October to Tees/North and I am applying for adult nursing. X

Hi ya. Do you remember me? Its steph. We sat next to each other at our northumbria interview this year!! haha i really thought you were in....I am shocked you are here xx
xx
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by Hevbev123
That's really helpful thank you! It's a pretty fast process then!! How long did your interview last? Do you have any idea what time the latest interview was? It's really tough booking a train ticket home not knowing!! Best of luck though keep us updated on the outcome! :smile: xx

It's no problem! My interview was only about 10/15mins. The last interview was at 12 I think :smile: Good Luck to you too! Fingers crossed!
Reply 30
Of course I temeber you!! :-))))

I failed my biology igcse by one mark! Gutted wasn't the word! Never mind. Wasn't meant to be this time! This is our year! X

Aww that's awful :-(

But yeah fingers crossed this is our year. Its taken me a while to build up to doing it again...you got your interview for teesside yet? Xx
Original post by stef31
Aww that's awful :-(

But yeah fingers crossed this is our year. Its taken me a while to build up to doing it again...you got your interview for teesside yet? Xx

I know! I've struggled to go through it all again. I'm doing my biology again but through a college and I'm doing the access course again cause my qualifications will be 5 years old now so I'm giving them no chance of not letting me in again!! Ha ha!

9th of November @ 8:45 :-) you? Xx
Reply 32
I know! I've struggled to go through it all again. I'm doing my biology again but through a college and I'm doing the access course again cause my qualifications will be 5 years old now so I'm giving them no chance of not letting me in again!! Ha ha!

9th of November @ 8:45 :-) you? Xx

Haha don't blame you. Which college you at?
Mine is 10th Dec 8.45! God knows how I'll get there for that time haha.

Which intake has everyone applied for?*I've put march 2015 for northumbria....really hoping there still spaces xx
Reply 33
Bede in sunderland. Gateshead college didn't get back in touch with me! Lol. I hope you get March '15!! Got my fingers crossed for you! X

From what i have heard Gateshead stopped the access course this year, so that could be why they didn't contact you. Good luck getting your grades I'm sure you will do it :-)

I'll be happy with either intake just wanted to start sooner rather than later with me already having the grades....good luck let me know how it goes petal xxx
Original post by stef31
From what i have heard Gateshead stopped the access course this year, so that could be why they didn't contact you. Good luck getting your grades I'm sure you will do it :-)

I'll be happy with either intake just wanted to start sooner rather than later with me already having the grades....good luck let me know how it goes petal xxx

Yes! Defo keep in touch hun! Best of luck x
Hey I applied for northumbria and teesside for adult nursing too - got my interview for teesside 10th dec at 8.45, fingers crossed!

EDIT: stef31 I emailed them to ask if there were any places left for March and was told no unfortunately so I've put September on my application and I'm gonna mention of I get an interview that I could start in March
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by EbonyR
Went for my interview on Thursday... Maths & English were easy. You have 40mins to do both. Maths is exactly the same as the practice paper but they just change the numbers! English you are given a few scenarios and you have to answer Q's about them. The English is more about are you able to spell, use paragraphs etc & not necessarily the answer itself. The hard part for me was the interview itself, I found their questions difficult to answer as they word them so backwards & long! By which time you've forgotten the question. It wouldn't hurt them to crack a smile either...

That just makes it even worse if they don't come over as at all friendly! what kind of questions did they ask? Is there no group interview/task at Teeside? x
Reply 37
Original post by MrsBrown
That just makes it even worse if they don't come over as at all friendly! what kind of questions did they ask? Is there no group interview/task at Teeside? x

Tbh it put me off in the interview! I was trying tone friendly etc & they were just straight faced or the other woman had a constant fake smile on her face like Barney. There was no group tasks no. Thankfully! :smile:

They asked things like; being a nurse you will meet all kinds of people with different ideas, beliefs, values etc to you and other people. How would you manage this and what are you thoughts.
Another was something along the lines of how can you involve the patient and family etc regarding you caring for them.

They have a pre-made list of 6 questions each & they pick and choose which ones they ask. I had to ask so many times for them to repeat the questions because of the way they were worded I've never felt so dumb haha
Reply 38
Original post by justfergs
Hey I applied for northumbria and teesside for adult nursing too - got my interview for teesside 10th dec at 8.45, fingers crossed!

EDIT: stef31 I emailed them to ask if there were any places left for March and was told no unfortunately so I've put September on my application and I'm gonna mention of I get an interview that I could start in March

Oh thanks for letting me know. Knew it might have been too good to be true :-( I knew a few who were offered march this year who already had grades so was trying to be optimistic haha. September it will have to be if I get through interview! ! Eek xxx
Original post by EbonyR
It's no problem! My interview was only about 10/15mins. The last interview was at 12 I think :smile: Good Luck to you too! Fingers crossed!

Ahh excellent! Nice and quick then! I'll email admissions soon just to double check before I book my ticket home fingers crossed it's early. It's about £90 back after 3ish! Thanks so much fingers are crossed for you too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending