The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2024

If you're applying to uni for a Nursing course for 2024 entry, introduce yourself to fellow applicants, ask questions and share your experience of applying so far:

What universities are you thinking of?
What nursing course?
A level / BTEC / IB / Higher predicted grades
Extra curriculars

Please don't share details of interview questions on the forum - it gives those who follow you an unfair advantage.

@CamembertPaws FYI

Scroll to see replies

I've applied and accepted a place at Surrey University for mental health nursing starting September 2024! I'm a mature student (30) so already had the grades needed to firm my offer.

Would love to meet other students prior to starting 🙂
Reply 2
I applied and had accept 3 unis: Worcester, UCB and BCU for adult nursing. I’m starting either January, February or March 2025 depends on what uni i choose. I’m a mature student, will be 36 by the time i’m starting my course. I’m doing Access to HE Nursing and Midwifery. I’m so excited to start my course.
I’ve applied and got interviews for Sheffield Hallam, Lincoln, Nottingham and derby uni for mental health nursing. My 1st interview is tomorrow and I have one on Thursday! 😬 I’m quite nervous about them, also a mature student (38) so have my qualifications already. I actually have Covid right now so I’m grateful the interviews are online!
Original post by Tonilou04
I’ve applied and got interviews for Sheffield Hallam, Lincoln, Nottingham and derby uni for mental health nursing. My 1st interview is tomorrow and I have one on Thursday! 😬 I’m quite nervous about them, also a mature student (38) so have my qualifications already. I actually have Covid right now so I’m grateful the interviews are online!

Good luck in your interviews! I remember how nervous I was but the interviewers were so nice and the questions weren't bad where I had mine! Hope you recover quickly 🙂
Original post by Christinaaa
Good luck in your interviews! I remember how nervous I was but the interviewers were so nice and the questions weren't bad where I had mine! Hope you recover quickly 🙂

Thank you! I feel like I’m prepared, I’m nervous but excited. Then on the other hand I feel like I’m not prepared at all! How long did it take for you to find out if you’d got a place? x
Thank you! I feel like I’m prepared, I’m nervous but excited. Then on the other hand I feel like I’m not prepared at all! How long did it take for you to find out if you’d got a place? x

Fingers crossed! Erm a few days for one and 2 and a half weeks for the other! I had another interview but withdrew as I got into my first choice 😊 x
Fingers crossed! Erm a few days for one and 2 and a half weeks for the other! I had another interview but withdrew as I got into my first choice 😊 x

That’s exciting. Congratulations x
Original post by Tahminarahman
Hi I want to know if I can go into nursing with CTEC Health and social care extended certificate, BTEC applied psychology and A level sociology. I want to go university of Portsmouth but confused about the entry requirements.

Email the university, they’re normally really helpful with these things x
Hello everyone :smile:! I’m a 22 year old mature student.

My application was just sent this week and I’ve already got an interview for one University which is Surrey.

I applied for Mental health nursing and child nursing dual course in the University of Southampton and Plymouth as i spoke to admissions and they were very helpful and patient with my questions.

As a single course I applied for University of Surrey, Portsmouth and UWE Bristol to study Mental Health Nursing.

I’m currently studying an Access to HE course aiming for 33 distinctions and 12 merits. I also have in addition AS equivalent qualifications that total up to 179 ucas points combined overall.

Outside of my studies, I have had jobs in retail, childcare and in the NHS.

Good luck to everyone!
I've applied and accepted a place at Surrey University for mental health nursing starting September 2024! I'm a mature student (30) so already had the grades needed to firm my offer.

I also applied to Surrey! Congrats on getting an offer!! Was it unconditional as you’ve already gotten your grades?

I’m so nervous for the interview but passionately ready for the challenge.
Original post by Purpleheart24
I also applied to Surrey! Congrats on getting an offer!! Was it unconditional as you’ve already gotten your grades?

I’m so nervous for the interview but passionately ready for the challenge.

ahh yayy! Thank you and good luck in your interview! Yes it was unconditional 🙂

I was so nervous too and I was certain I messed it up at points 😂 let me know how you get on! Would be nice to know someone going into the course if you decide to firm Surrey 😆
I got an offer for Sheffield uni, day after my interview 🥳
I got an offer for Sheffield uni, day after my interview 🥳

Congratulations 🥳
Congratulations 🥳

Thank you!!
Reply 15

Aww wonderful congratulations
Original post by Sue890
Aww wonderful congratulations

Thank you 🙂
Reply 17
I have applied for Children's Nursing at the Uni of Nottingham for September 2024. I have only applied to 1 Uni because I need to be local!
They told me that I will know by the 31st of March latest if I have been accepted for an interview, in order to review all applications after the deadline.
I am currently on my access course and due to finish this is April 2024. I'm at bit worried as my response doesn't sound as promising as everyone else's! 😕
Just have to stay positive and complete the course! Almost there 🙂
Reply 18
Original post by MOG91
I have applied for Children's Nursing at the Uni of Nottingham for September 2024. I have only applied to 1 Uni because I need to be local!
They told me that I will know by the 31st of March latest if I have been accepted for an interview, in order to review all applications after the deadline.
I am currently on my access course and due to finish this is April 2024. I'm at bit worried as my response doesn't sound as promising as everyone else's! 😕
Just have to stay positive and complete the course! Almost there 🙂

I think every university will be different. Some will give the result within a week or 2 weeks. Some will wait they have interviewed everyone. Just be confident in yourself. If you did well for interview then everything should be ok. Did you get distinction for most of the assignments you have done? I’m doing the Access course, too abs will be finished in June.
Reply 19
Original post by Daisy7189
I think every university will be different. Some will give the result within a week or 2 weeks. Some will wait they have interviewed everyone. Just be confident in yourself. If you did well for interview then everything should be ok. Did you get distinction for most of the assignments you have done? I’m doing the Access course, too abs will be finished in June.

I haven't been offered an interview yet!
I've got distinctions in all my units so far except my biology ones which I have merits. So I have 21 credits at distinctions already, but merits in biology.
I will just sit tight and wait and keep my fingers crossed. I still have 6 more units to go anyway to keep me busy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending