The Student Room Group

What do Estate agents really do..?

Becoming an estate agent's always been at the back of my mind, and now I'm nearing the end of year 11 I've started rethinking it. Do you need training? What kind of grades do they expect? And...this may seem really dumb.... What do estate agents actually do? I know they sell houses, land, buildings etc, and may take photos of the property and advertise, but what kind of roles are there within estate agency (if that's a word) ...?! Thanks for your help.
Reply 1
Original post by RebeccaLong
Becoming an estate agent's always been at the back of my mind, and now I'm nearing the end of year 11 I've started rethinking it. Do you need training? What kind of grades do they expect? And...this may seem really dumb.... What do estate agents actually do? I know they sell houses, land, buildings etc, and may take photos of the property and advertise, but what kind of roles are there within estate agency (if that's a word) ...?! Thanks for your help.
This is all I know:

When someone is looking to buy a house, an estate agent would recommend places specific to their budget or choices, and when they go to see houses, they`d showcase the house to the potential buyers, telling what features it has e.g. a large garden, and about the house in general. So they are almost like sales employees in shops, trying to persuade people to buy a house

:smile:
Reply 2
Not really sure. You could probably start with a degree in chartered surveying or business management. Alternatively just be a street wise girl/guy with good people skills. Imagine it's surprisingly stressful..
http://bit.ly/1oMppg7 - This should have all the information for becoming an estate agent, I hope I helped.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending