The Student Room Group

Real Estate Agent

Hi, I am doing A-Levels at the moment (chem/bio/psych) but I'm now thinking I want to go into real estate. Does anybody know what route I should take or what I need to do after A-Levels? Is uni the best option or should I be looking at apprenticeships instead?

Any advice with getting into real estate would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I am doing A-Levels at the moment (chem/bio/psych) but I'm now thinking I want to go into real estate. Does anybody know what route I should take or what I need to do after A-Levels? Is uni the best option or should I be looking at apprenticeships instead?

https://www.ucem.ac.uk/apprenticeship-programmes/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIueTuyqCn_wIVCtrtCh3b_wHVEAAYASAAEgLqC_D_BwE#chartered-surveyor
has some degree apprenticeships - they offer Chartered Surveyor, Building Control, Construction Site Management and Construction Site Supervisor
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

the only qualification you need to be a real estate agent is like an estate agent diploma, which u could even do online if u wanted. i think an apprenticeship would be best because you'd need to make as many connections as you can, hope this helps x
Reply 3
(Real estate course leader at Birmingham City here)

It depends what you want to do. If by real estate you mean high street estate agency selling/renting houses, then as others have said you don't need all that much.

If you are looking for a professional property career, managing commercial property, development, valuation etc then a real estate degree is what you need as part of the pathway to being a chartered surveyor.

The degrees are mostly offered by the newer universities - it's very much a vocational degree and wherever you go you'll have lots of industry involvement in the teaching.

If I can be cheeky here's a link to our degree https://www.bcu.ac.uk/courses/real-estate-bsc-hons-2023-24
You'll find (in no particular order) Brookes, Hallam, NTU, Reading are all also well regarded in the industry.

There are apprenticeships out there - these are very competitive - have a look for companies like CBRE JLL Savills Cushman & Wakefield. Essentially you're applying for a job with them, and then once they want you they'll liaise with the most appropriate university and you'd typically complete a chartered surveyor degree apprenticeship over 5 years. If you do apply for those do apply via the conventional university route as a backup in case you don't secure one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending