The Student Room Group

is it worth it to do a law degree to become an estate agent?

hi, i’ve always been set on doing a law degree but for awhile taking on the path to become a solicitor is not something i think i’m interested in anymore. i do have a lot of time to decide what i want to do when im older, but i’m considering becoming an estate agent. i’m wondering if it’s still worth it to study law or if i should do something else at uni?
Reply 1
Law is a solid academic degree that lots of employers can value for its general skills. There’s absolutely no specific advantage it gives to becoming an estate agent.
Reply 2
(Real estate course leader here at Birmingham City - so I would say go down a real estate route!)

Do have a look at a BSc Real Estate - this isn't really for estate agency, where it really isn't needed, but is a professional qualification that leads you down the road to becoming a chartered surveyor.

The typical real estate degree has a little bit of residential but is mostly focussed on commercial property and development (this is where the bigger numbers and bigger salaries are involved) it also has some law - basic contract law and then landlord and tenant and planning law

Have a search for RICS and 'what surveyors do'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending