The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele University applicants for 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sophiesmout
That's awesome!! Have you applied for accommodation yet? And did you go to a taster session? ☺️

Yeah, I did apply for accommodation! Did you? And no, I've never even visited Keele! Hope to do it before summer, though. Btw, I've added you on fb :smile:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by lemxn
I received an unconditional offer the other week and will probably end up with about 200 ucas points

Requirements are only 160!

Original post by Eddie3ed
Hey, I received my offer a while back, I have 260 UCAS points.

Ah okay thanks! I have 230 UCAS points but I'm applying quite late! Do you guys think I have a chance?
Original post by Wizkidani
Ah okay thanks! I have 230 UCAS points but I'm applying quite late! Do you guys think I have a chance?

You might do in clearing. Have you checked UCAS search? If there is any vacancies for the Social Scuence Foundation Year then it may come up on UCAS. Basically you go on UCAS and then search for your course with the foundation year and make sure you put in Keele as well so that the search results will come quicker. You then check if the course is available in extra and then you take it from there. :smile:
Original post by anam1996
Yeah, I did apply for accommodation! Did you? And no, I've never even visited Keele! Hope to do it before summer, though. Btw, I've added you on fb :smile:

Yeah I have! My first choice was just a standard band A room, second was standard with WSB and this was a shared flat. I would have liked an en suite, but considering I've done my student finance - there is no way that I would've been able to afford one and buy food, books etc so I'll be saving around £50 a week by just sharing a bathroom ☺️

I've visited twice now and I absolutely love it. I hate cities so that's why it's suited for me. Did you? Have I accepted? Just to make sure you've added the right one haha. What's your insurance?
Yeah I have! My first choice was just a standard band A room, second was standard with WSB and this was a shared flat. I would have liked an en suite, but considering I've done my student finance - there is no way that I would've been able to afford one and buy food, books etc so I'll be saving around £50 a week by just sharing a bathroom ☺️

I've visited twice now and I absolutely love it. I hate cities so that's why it's suited for me. Did you? Have I accepted? Just to make sure you've added the right one haha. What's your insurance?

Yeah, you have accepted :smile: I don't have insurance, i got an unconditional! What's yours?
Original post by anam1996
Yeah, you have accepted :smile: I don't have insurance, i got an unconditional! What's yours?

That's incredible!!! Congrats 👏🏼🎉

Mine is Chester University! I haven't visited there yet as I'm going later this month, but I needed a uni that has lower grades than Keele just to be on the safe side
That's incredible!!! Congrats ������������������

Mine is Chester University! I haven't visited there yet as I'm going later this month, but I needed a uni that has lower grades than Keele just to be on the safe side

I hope you get the grades Keele asks for :smile: Good luck!!!!
Has anyone else applied for en suite accommodation or for psychology? I'm looking forward to starting next year and was wondering if anyone else on here applied for the same things! :biggrin:
Anyone studying Mathematics with foundation year??
Original post by manonym12
Has anyone else applied for en suite accommodation or for psychology? I'm looking forward to starting next year and was wondering if anyone else on here applied for the same things! :biggrin:

Hi. I applied for Psychology. I did apply for en-suite accommodation but I changed it to Traditional Block with WSB, Band A as the ensuite was just too expensive.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Who's applying for next year? :h: What will you be studying? :cookie:

Mathematics with science foundation year

:woo:

Mathematics with science foundation year, anyone else?
Original post by Daydreamer <3 xx
Hi there should be no difference between the rooms because the two premier flat blocks are almost identical :smile: the only difference will be the noise from the construction site.

Samera
Second year pharmacy student at Keele :smile:

Hi. I have applied for accommodation (the order is below). I was just wondering what the prices would come for them? I also went for the vegetarian option and I was wondering if I would be charged extra for it?
1st Choice: Traditional Block with WSB, Band A
2nd Choice: Traditional Block with WSB, Band B
3rd Choice: Standard Room, Traditional Block, Band A
Original post by PurpleGhost25175
Hi. I have applied for accommodation (the order is below). I was just wondering what the prices would come for them? I also went for the vegetarian option and I was wondering if I would be charged extra for it?
1st Choice: Traditional Block with WSB, Band A
2nd Choice: Traditional Block with WSB, Band B
3rd Choice: Standard Room, Traditional Block, Band A

Hi there,

You might want to take a look at our Fees and Room Types on our webpages, more about our accommodation and catering packages can be found on our website too!

http://www.keele.ac.uk/studyatkeele/accommodation/newstudents/feesroomtypes/

Our restaurants and eating outlets on campus cater for a wide variety of dietary requirements. With a catered package you won't be charged extra for the vegetarian option; there is always a vegetarian option available to students to eat from the restaurant menus!

Let me know if you have any other questions at all!

Illana (Residence Support)
Original post by Keele University
Hi there,

You might want to take a look at our Fees and Room Types on our webpages, more about our accommodation and catering packages can be found on our website too!

Our restaurants and eating outlets on campus cater for a wide variety of dietary requirements. With a catered package you won't be charged extra for the vegetarian option; there is always a vegetarian option available to students to eat from the restaurant menus!

Thanks very much :smile:
When does the term start in September?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PurpleGhost25175
Thanks very much :smile:
When does the term start in September?

Term starts Monday 28th September. If you're living on campus, some key dates when you can move in can be found here: http://www.keele.ac.uk/studyatkeele/accommodation/newstudents/howtoapply/ (These are staggered for Home, International and Nursing students).

Other key dates such as examination and vacation period for the academic year 2015/16 can also be found at this weblink:

http://www.keele.ac.uk/keydates/

Term starts Monday 28th September. If you're living on campus, some key dates when you can move in can be found here: http://www.keele.ac.uk/studyatkeele/accommodation/newstudents/howtoapply/ (These are staggered for Home, International and Nursing students).

Other key dates such as examination and vacation period for the academic year 2015/16 can also be found at this weblink:

http://www.keele.ac.uk/keydates/

Thanks very much. Sorry for the amount of questions asked. One last quick questions about accommodation: For Traditional Block with WSB, Band A and the Traditional Block with WSB, Band B, how many people share the bathrooms? And also how many people are there to a floor?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by thestranger11
Applying for a science foundation year, a bit ambitious as they are asking for 10 more ucas points then I have.

did you happen to get a offer on the foundation year as I just applied to them on ucas extra and heard its extremely competitive according to whatuni . com
Hi there,

How competitive is it to get onto the science foundation year, I just applied to it through ucas extra for biochemistry
Original post by Audiology-Med
did you happen to get a offer on the foundation year as I just applied to them on ucas extra and heard its extremely competitive according to whatuni . com

A lot of people have applied this year so it has been very competitive. I got an offer for it but it took a while for it to come through because of the amount of people who applied for it. You might have a shot depending on your grades?
Original post by Sunena112
Anyone applied for Midwifery?

Hi, I've received my offer and I'm so excited! How's your application going?

Quick Reply

Latest