The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Goldsmiths accomodation

Does any one have any info/pics of the different rooms in Loring Hall? I want to see what the medium and large rooms look like but there are no photo's any where and I live a while away so trying to avoid having to book an appointment for a tour!
Also, are these rooms at all popular or do people just go for the standard rooms? Aaaaaand would getting a larger room mean I share with less people? Thanks!
Reply 1
I don't live in Loring specifically, but I live in Goldsmiths accommodation that is the same layout. There is a 360 thing on the accommodation website that shows you what a typical room looks like (http://www.gold.ac.uk/accommodation/halls/loring-hall/). There isn't really any difference between a small and a medium room and the large rooms are in flats with 8 people just the same as the others (also large rooms are much more expensive and there isn't much point when you all live in the same flat anyway). Most people are randomly assigned rooms so my flatmate with the large room is paying a lot more money even though she didn't ask for it. Loring is also very much the party hall with all the first years so if thats what you want then go for it! Loring was my first choice but I was given a room in another accommodation that turned out much better for me anyway!
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Reply 2
To be horribly blunt, Loring's a dive. Like Spitt92 said, it's the party halls (and there's a 360 room peview online), so if you want that, great, otherwise it's quite a dump. To be fair, I hear most of the halls here are fairly dismal.

If you want somewhere nicer, you need to either rent a house/room in a house, or go to private halls; such as student castle. I'd advise getting a room/house; it's still going to be luck of the draw for your housemates, but you'll get a lot more space for your money than with halls.
Reply 3
Original post by spitt92
I don't live in Loring specifically, but I live in Goldsmiths accommodation that is the same layout. There is a 360 thing on the accommodation website that shows you what a typical room looks like (http://www.gold.ac.uk/accommodation/halls/loring-hall/). There isn't really any difference between a small and a medium room and the large rooms are in flats with 8 people just the same as the others (also large rooms are much more expensive and there isn't much point when you all live in the same flat anyway). Most people are randomly assigned rooms so my flatmate with the large room is paying a lot more money even though she didn't ask for it. Loring is also very much the party hall with all the first years so if thats what you want then go for it! Loring was my first choice but I was given a room in another accommodation that turned out much better for me anyway!

This is really helpful thanks, I've seen all of the photo's on the website I was just wondering what the larger rooms looked like. I'll be a first year and I want to be somewhere sociable so I'd prefer to be there anyway! Cheeeers
Reply 4
Original post by Korui01
To be horribly blunt, Loring's a dive. Like Spitt92 said, it's the party halls (and there's a 360 room peview online), so if you want that, great, otherwise it's quite a dump. To be fair, I hear most of the halls here are fairly dismal.

If you want somewhere nicer, you need to either rent a house/room in a house, or go to private halls; such as student castle. I'd advise getting a room/house; it's still going to be luck of the draw for your housemates, but you'll get a lot more space for your money than with halls.

I've looked at the photo's online I just wanted to know what the larger rooms looked like! And yeah I wanted to be in the more sociable halls, I'm not fussed about going somewhere nicer, especially student castle that's a ridiculous amount of money for a student haha, I want somewhere in New Cross, with GS students and thats affordable so Loring's most appropriate. Besides, living in a house in your first year kinda takes away the magic of a uni experience haha. Cheers for the advice though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending