The Student Room Group

OCR A2 G674 June 2015 Exploring Social Inequality and Difference

Scroll to see replies

So im i right, in my essay i explained gender issues and then explained why ethnic inequality is more significant !??
That's what I did. I talked about how gender inequality affects people, but also how things like age, ethnicity and class will also have a significant impact on someone's social identity. I concluded that all these things will combine to cause social inequality.
Whooo atleast we wrote similar things!! What are u aiming to get?
Original post by ilhan123
Whooo atleast we wrote similar things!! What are u aiming to get?

I'd like to get an A. I think G674 went better than G673. I'm hoping that my marks in G674 will make up for the ones I probably didn't get in the other exam. How about you?
Original post by L.Marie123
I'd like to get an A. I think G674 went better than G673. I'm hoping that my marks in G674 will make up for the ones I probably didn't get in the other exam. How about you?

Well i got a C overall for AS as i didnt take that year seriously but i really want a B overall. Is it possible
Well i got a C overall for AS as i didnt take that year seriously but i really want a B overall. Is it possible

I should think so. As long as you've been working hard this year, you should be able to. You'd probably need a high B or an A (depending on how good your C was). How do you think you've done?
Reply 126
Yes. Sounds good n both fronts. After discussing feminism, dual systems & preference theory, you could really go to town and talk about class, ethnicity and age with Marxism, Weberianism and labelling theory. And then discuss post-modernism to conclude.

But so long as you recognised that some theorists believe that other forms of stratification are more important than gender, you should be fine.
Thank youuu!! But i only talked about ethnicity not other forms of stratification
Reply 128
Thank youuu!! But i only talked about ethnicity not other forms of stratification

:smile: Do not worry... The exams are done, just wait for results.

I'm sure both your answer and your mark will be better than you think it will be.

Enjoy this lengthy summer holiday! And reflect on the last two years. How hard you've worked, and how much you'll reap the rewards.

Get yourself on holiday! Somewhere sunny.
Original post by hnixon
:smile: Do not worry... The exams are done, just wait for results.

I'm sure both your answer and your mark will be better than you think it will be.

Enjoy this lengthy summer holiday! And reflect on the last two years. How hard you've worked, and how much you'll reap the rewards.

Get yourself on holiday! Somewhere sunny.

Ahahaaa your right, im just an anxious person😅. I hope you have a wonderful summer too and i wish u all the best on results day !!
Unit 4 went so well I got 98/100!
Reply 131
Original post by Faith.A
Unit 4 went so well I got 98/100!

Congrats, are you going to uni ?
Original post by Chidi96
Congrats, are you going to uni ?

Thanks, yeah The University of Manchester for Law - how about you?
Reply 133
Original post by Faith.A
Thanks, yeah The University of Manchester for Law - how about you?

78 in g674 and 81 in g673, going to study criminology and sociology at Coventry university
Original post by Chidi96
78 in g674 and 81 in g673, going to study criminology and sociology at Coventry university

That's great I know so many people going Coventry, you'll enjoy your time :smile:
Reply 135
All my students did really well. I was so pleased with the G674 results this year. 100% pass rate for A-Level overall and the best results in my units!

Huzzah! Congratulations to all who did well in OCR sociology this year!
Reply 136
What were the other set of questions for this paper? Seems like one set was on gender, what were the others?
Has anyone got any model answers or plans for crime and deviance (g674)

It would be very helpful

Reply 138
Original post by rkuni16
Has anyone got any model answers or plans for crime and deviance (g674)

It would be very helpful

Any specific questions ?
Original post by Chidi96
Any specific questions ?

I always find it difficult to answer the second part to a question for instance a question like, Outline the evidence that some ethnic minorities are disadvantaged in the contemp uk, i would have no problem answering.

However a question like this --> Outline and assess the contributions sociologists have made to explain ethnic inequality i wouldn't be able to answer at all.

What sort of things would I have to include?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending