The Student Room Group

OCR A-level Sociology Paper 2 (H580/02) - 9th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

OCR A Level Sociology Paper 2 (H580/02) - 9th June 2023
[Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: Friday 9th Jun 2023/ AM
Length: 2h 15m
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Should we learn essay plans for questions which have already come up?

For the inequality 40m I was planning on not thoroughly going through questions which are already mentioned in previous past papers. Like functionalist views on ethnicity for instance. Maybe learn like one or two ao1 points from there to use as AO3 in my other essays but that’s it. Am I taking too big of a risk by not learning it in detail if it’s already come up?
Just to let you know, I have now made this the official thread for this exam. Best of luck! :smile:
Original post by User10283472
Should we learn essay plans for questions which have already come up?

For the inequality 40m I was planning on not thoroughly going through questions which are already mentioned in previous past papers. Like functionalist views on ethnicity for instance. Maybe learn like one or two ao1 points from there to use as AO3 in my other essays but that’s it. Am I taking too big of a risk by not learning it in detail if it’s already come up?

i think that’s a huge risk because they’re known to repeat questions as well
Reply 4
Original post by Pwca
OCR A Level Sociology Paper 2 (H580/02) - 9th June 2023
[Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: Friday 9th Jun 2023/ AM
Length: 2h 15m

Is there a thread for paper 1?? I can’t seem to find any
Original post by Farhattt
Is there a thread for paper 1?? I can’t seem to find any

everyone does aqa so our exam board is always ignored :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Ethereal001
everyone does aqa so our exam board is always ignored :frown:

I honestly wish we did AQA looks so much better 😭
Reply 7
I honestly wish we did AQA looks so much better 😭

nah trust me ocr is better. i have a friend that’s doing aqa and it’s so content heavy
Reply 8
Any paper 1 predictions for tomorrow?
Reply 9
Original post by sachinbm
Any paper 1 predictions for tomorrow?

There's a paper 1 thread now
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7352547

but mostly people think 20 marker will be about disability and 24 marker (families) to be about marxism or postmodernism
Any predictions for what will come up for the 20 and 40 markers in Section B?
Reply 11
Original post by Tin Yu Pang
Any predictions for what will come up for the 20 and 40 markers in Section B?

i hope the 40 marker is gender inequality and 20m to be ethnicity
There's a paper 1 thread now
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7352547

but mostly people think 20 marker will be about disability and 24 marker (families) to be about marxism or postmodernism

Woah their 20 marker prediction was pretty spot on.
Original post by UnculturedSwine
Woah their 20 marker prediction was pretty spot on.

and the 24 marker!!
Original post by josssebae
i hope the 40 marker is gender inequality and 20m to be ethnicity

My teacher said it is likely to be Ethnicity and Marxism for the 40 marker. I am not so confident with section B and 40 markers so I'm currently trying hard to memorise cover all the content😂
Reply 15
My teacher said it is likely to be Ethnicity and Marxism for the 40 marker. I am not so confident with section B and 40 markers so I'm currently trying hard to memorise cover all the content😂

i looked back at all the past papers and i’m 60/40 sure that it’s Marxist views on ethnicity inequalities
Original post by josssebae
i looked back at all the past papers and i’m 60/40 sure that it’s Marxist views on ethnicity inequalities

thanks for this! will make sure to make a plan. What do you think the 20 marker will be on?
Reply 17
Original post by Ethereal001
thanks for this! will make sure to make a plan. What do you think the 20 marker will be on?

By the way, these are just predictions, so make sure you make other plans as well. After looking at the past papers, I think the 20m are going to be social class. So overall, I predict it’s going to be a Marxist view on ethnicity is the 40 marker, and social class affects life chances on the 20 marker.
(edited 11 months ago)
Quick question how have people been revising for this paper and how's everyone getting on with it?
Quick question how have people been revising for this paper and how's everyone getting on with it?

i made knowledge tables with three key points and evaluations for each subtopic. i’m going to do some blurting n essay plans

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending