The Student Room Group

OCR A-Level Sociology Paper 1 - 22 May 2023

Hey, how is everyone feeling for Paper 1? Don't see any threads with our exam board elsewhere :smile:

Congratulations for everyone finishing this exam today!
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexgol

Hey, how is everyone feeling for Paper 1? Don't see any threads with our exam board elsewhere :smile:

pretty good, im worried on what the 24 marker will be cause if it’s different from what it usually is (like the theories) then imma be struggling
Reply 2
Original post by louisaolivax
pretty good, im worried on what the 24 marker will be cause if it’s different from what it usually is (like the theories) then imma be struggling

Yeaa, I'm most worried about the timing. 90 minutes is honestly not enough, it's cutting so close
Reply 3
Any ideas what topics are gonna come up? Thinking 20 marker on disability and for 24 marker (families) marxism or postmodernism
Original post by Farhattt
Any ideas what topics are gonna come up? Thinking 20 marker on disability and for 24 marker (families) marxism or postmodernism

Yes but i always start on the 24 marker and 20 marker and do the 6 and 12 markers last
Original post by alexgol
Yeaa, I'm most worried about the timing. 90 minutes is honestly not enough, it's cutting so close
guys add my snapchat louisaolivax , i wanna discuss with people what they think may come up
Original post by alexgol

I'm doing good so far, just hoping a nationality question doesn't show up. I think paper 3's going to be the one that really hits me bad.

Original post by UnculturedSwine
I'm doing good so far, just hoping a nationality question doesn't show up. I think paper 3's going to be the one that really hits me bad.

same 2022s paper 3 was so bad i feel sorry for them so i wanna get an A in this and paper 2 so i can chill a bit
Reply 8
Original post by louisaolivax
Yes but i always start on the 24 marker and 20 marker and do the 6 and 12 markers last

I do that too! Makes me feel much better cause they are out of the way
Reply 9
Original post by UnculturedSwine

Ahh makes sense ). I am a little worried for paper 3 too and 2b inequalities
does anyone know what the questions were for AS Sociology?
Original post by alexgol

To be completely honest, I’m actually really nervous!! Hopefully for the 20 marker disability or gender come up cuz that would be amazing !! Anyways, what are your lots predictions? What do u think the 24 marker will be on for families and relationships??
Original post by Hellothere986515
To be completely honest, I’m actually really nervous!! Hopefully for the 20 marker disability or gender come up cuz that would be amazing !! Anyways, what are your lots predictions? What do u think the 24 marker will be on for families and relationships??

There hasnt been one on marxism or postmodernism for a while. just planned a PM one and im not holding out hope for it... bricking it ngl. what do you think it might be on?
Reply 13
anyone got a Youth Subculture prediction? Would love postmodernism or marxism hahaha
Original post by sachinbm
anyone got a Youth Subculture prediction? Would love postmodernism or marxism hahaha

the 12 markers are typically on deviancy but it could be ethnicity too (just a feeling) or the 16 or 24 markers could be on media/ interactionism or even ethnicity but yes i really hope it PM it hasnt come up much before
Reply 15
I hope ethnicity comes up - that's defo a nice one. interactionism/Media would be pretty good too. Not excited for section A though can't stand it haha too many studies to learn!
Original post by Ethereal001
the 12 markers are typically on deviancy but it could be ethnicity too (just a feeling) or the 16 or 24 markers could be on media/ interactionism or even ethnicity but yes i really hope it PM it hasnt come up much before
Original post by sachinbm
I hope ethnicity comes up - that's defo a nice one. interactionism/Media would be pretty good too. Not excited for section A though can't stand it haha too many studies to learn!

same! honestly really hoping we can link it to youth deviancy
Reply 17
i have missed lots of school the past year due to personal and health issues which has obviously impacted my education. i'm confident in theories like marxism, functionalism etc.. and sociological concepts however i lack knowledge of studies and sociologists. what do you think the grade would be for an essay that lacks these aspects?
Reply 18
Original post by Hellothere986515

i doubt disability is going to come up. there’s nothing to really talk about disability
Reply 19
Original post by beatricewolfen
There hasnt been one on marxism or postmodernism for a while. just planned a PM one and im not holding out hope for it... bricking it ngl. what do you think it might be on?

didn’t marxism come in 2022 nov paper

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending