The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 1

I like Lincoln, but it could be that I am saying that to justify myself studying here. A lot of people say stuff about Lincoln, but it's just as good as any other uni, except for places like oxford which goes without saying. But the teaching is definately good, though I dont do your course so I may not be the best person to say about that.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeah i reckon lincoln is a awesome uni. The teaching is good, the layout/location of the uni is really good, like everything being on one site and lincoln itself is really nice. I dont regret going to lincoln uni at all. Also it is only like 1 hour away from home. What other uni's have you applied to?
Reply 3
I haven't appiled yet. I've looked at chester, staffs(stoke campus),Kent so unfriendly and sheffield hallam.
Reply 4

staffs good, I applied and compared it to Lincoln, with both being pretty much the same. It was only pretty trivial things that made me choose Lincoln over Staffordshire.
Reply 5
deleted
Reply 6
PoisonJam
The Staffordshire (Stoke Campus) is absolutely disgusting, I looked around there back in 2004 when I was applying for Computing and it was horrible.QUOTE]

I looked at it at the start of 2006 and it looked good, but screw it Lincoln all the way
Reply 7
At the end of the day.. I've been at Exeter university last year, which is like in the top 20 or 30.. of unis.. and is a well established redbrick uni. Considered way better than lincoln. But I enjoy my course here at lincoln much more... so I cant say I would not recommend it here... :]
Reply 8
Thanks guys that really helps. I went for a look around again with my mom yesterday as I can't get there today. It felt really friendly. Looked at the new engine shed how good is that with some great gigs coming up also looked at the junxion accommodation, loved that. Lincoln will be my No 1.
see you all next year.
Reply 9
If you are seriously worried about the rep of Lincoln Uni don't go for it. Last year I did a similar thing where I ended up going to a Uni really low down the league tables because I thought it was a nice place etc. However, I ended up regretting it soo much. Ye it is a really nice place to be but I really don't feel stretched academically, and end up really bored because of such a lack of work.

Just really think about what you want out of Uni. Are your grades worth more than Lincoln?
Reply 10
Depends what course you want to do... the media production type courses can only be done at the Lincoln/UWE/Gloucestershire.. etc etc type unis. Lincoln has one of the best reputations for that course with very good facilities.. so in that case for vocational stuff it's a good thing. There's not a 'lack of work' on my course... that's for sure! heh. But if you have good grades and are wanting to study something like law.. then maybe Lincoln isn't the best choice
Reply 11
i've changed my mind. i don't want anyone else coming to lincoln now because you're stealing our valuble pub-space. shoo!

*closed*

Latest