The Student Room Group

American Football Talk II

Scroll to see replies

If we win tomorrow then everyone's just gonna be like "well Rodgers was injured......."

Don't get me wrong, I know it makes a difference and it does give us a better chance but I think we'd still be favourites with him at full health. If Lynch gets going I don't see them stopping us
Even if Rodgers was healthy it's tough going into Seattle and getting a win.

But stranger things have happened.
Original post by Malevolent
Lebron a choker? That couldn't be further from the truth...

Indeed.

Original post by Motorbiker
Predictions for playoffs tomorrow?

Seahawks, Aaron Rodgers at full fitness would win but they lose an element without his mobility.

Patriots. Brady Ftw.

Seahawks Patriots superbowl will be good. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have to go with the consensus. Visiting teams do not simply go into Gillette or Centurylink and win, especially in January. Rodgers in injured...but there's a strong chance that the Packers would have lost anyway. Lynch vs. their linebackers will be the biggest hinge on the game...and I could see GB kicking Clay Matthews inside to give their run defense some pop.

Luck is good. Very good, but you can't win playoff games without balance...and Coach BB is the best at scheming for any team.

Seahawks by 14.
Patriots by 10.
Really looking forward to the championship games tomorrow, think an upset in foxboro would be highly unlikely although not impossible. Just don't think the colts have the defence nor the pass rush to adequately slow down the pats even though they're o-line is slightly messed up what with Stork out. As a pats fan, naturally I want my team to win especially as it's the first time in years they've had the pieces on defence but I also want a good game and not just total blowouts of the colts as they've had in previous meetings. Not to mention I think Luck is great QB and I'd like to see a playoff-calibre performance from him unlike last year when he faced the pats.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 124
I'll adopt the Colts for a day in order to keep discussion interesting then. For me it's BB's Patsies or a divisional rival who is likely to be a pain in the arse for the next decade in the Colts so picking the lesser of two evils is quite a challenge. I also hope Green Bay win, I had them as my eventual winners so some part of my ill fated prediction would be right
Original post by jammy4041
Indeed.

I have to go with the consensus. Visiting teams do not simply go into Gillette or Centurylink and win, especially in January. Rodgers in injured...but there's a strong chance that the Packers would have lost anyway. Lynch vs. their linebackers will be the biggest hinge on the game...and I could see GB kicking Clay Matthews inside to give their run defense some pop.

Luck is good. Very good, but you can't win playoff games without balance...and Coach BB is the best at scheming for any team.

Seahawks by 14.
Patriots by 10.

If I'm not wrong packers already moved Matthews to the middle this season?. I'm nervous about this, I mean Patriots should be able to beat the colts if we play our best. Hopefully the running game can be established. Don't want to rely on pass, pass, pass against them.
If I'm not wrong packers already moved Matthews to the middle this season?. I'm nervous about this, I mean Patriots should be able to beat the colts if we play our best. Hopefully the running game can be established. Don't want to rely on pass, pass, pass against them.

Oh I have faith Coach BB will be able to establish the run. It would be more of a problem if the Colts had balance...but they have zero balance. Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, run, Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass is not a recipe for success...even if you have Andrew Luck at QB.

The Packers moved Clay inside, but I thought that he didn't like it, so I thought they moved him back outside. He would have to be on the inside from the start though...because he helps their run game.
Reply 127
Earl Thomas thinks white QBs are soulless. That is such a strange comment, the Hawks and their strange comments are getting rather old. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this one is actually racist. I've interpreted so here is an article with the direct quote:

http://http://12thmanrising.com/2015/01/15/earl-thomas-aaron-rodgers-soul-someone-skin-color/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co
(edited 9 years ago)
Couldn't care less whether the game is a blowout, after last weeks game I would prefer one less stressful and intense on the heart :lol:
Original post by Wattsy
Earl Thomas thinks white QBs are soulless. That is such a strange comment, the Hawks and their strange comments are getting rather old. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this one is actually racist. I've interpreted so here is an article with the direct quote:

http://http://12thmanrising.com/2015/01/15/earl-thomas-aaron-rodgers-soul-someone-skin-color/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

I don't know. I'd expand it to include all white players... but for some reason the African Americans do have a bit more swagger. It's a cookie cutter quote...and it means nothing.

I mean...take JJ Watt...he's a robot. Peyton Manning...a soul-less robot. But Brady? Nah...he's got 'soul'...screaming with passion. Gronk? Yeah...he's got soul. Not in a Steve Smith way...but still quite a lot.

But who cares about that? If you do the job on the football field...that's all that is required :tongue:
Gronk ain't got soul he's just a goof which is refreshing. For all the antics he hasn't actually done anything bad.

Really hope broncos give Virgil green more of a chance. Think Julius Thomas will price himself out
Gronk ain't got soul he's just a goof which is refreshing. For all the antics he hasn't actually done anything bad.

Really hope broncos give Virgil green more of a chance. Think Julius Thomas will price himself out

True...

Yes...Virgil Green is much more athletic; a much, much better blocker...and well, he's one of the few TE's who made Kaepernick look good. Julius doesn't do too much...and I fear he'll want Graham money.

In order, this is the priority I want to see resigned.

1. Virgil Green
2. Brandon Marshall.
3. Terrence Knighton
4. Demaryius Thomas
----
5. Orlando Franklin
6. Mitch Unrein
7. Aaron Brewer
----
8. Julius Thomas
9. Ben Garland
10. Will Montgomery
----
11. Wes Welker,
12. Nate Irving
13. Steven Johnson
14. Jacob Tamme
----
15. Rahim Moore
16. Tony Carter
17. Quinton Carter
18. Paul Cornick
---

Don't get me wrong, Julius is fantastic, but if keeping him means letting go of Pot Roast, who wants to stay because he values happiness and the city of Denver over money,...ugh...I will be mad. Mitch Uniren's importance is underrated, and Brewer is the long snapper...who has to be resigned really. DT is a talented receiver...he's prone to drop some of the easier stuff...but more often than not, he makes catches that few other WR will do.
Reply 132
Rodgers just threw a pick :frown:
Original post by al_94
Rodgers just threw a pick :frown:

Great play by Sherman though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seahawks will win it I reckon.
Another turnover!!

Crazy. First and goal again already.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 136
GB should have made the TD
I've got a HD stream link here if anyone can't find one: http://www.riderhd.org
Original post by al_94
GB should have made the TD

This. Pussied out on fourth down and goal twice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 139
Original post by Sameer599
I've got a HD stream link here if anyone can't find one: http://www.riderhd.org

Rider stream is good quality but get taken down a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest