The Student Room Group

Maths revision

Hi,

So my school decided to give me 2 days to study for a maths past paper, without telling us whether it's calculator or non calculator, so I was wondering what subjects come up the most on both papers for edexcel and are worth the most marks.

Recap what you've been doing for the past few weeks. Then have a look at some past papers online after figuring out whether the stuff you were taught involved using a calculator.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SeanFM
Recap what you've been doing for the past few weeks. Then have a look at some past papers online after figuring out whether the stuff you were taught involved using a calculator.

Okay thank you :smile:
most obvious is algebra
Original post by eloisescarlett
Hi,

So my school decided to give me 2 days to study for a maths past paper, without telling us whether it's calculator or non calculator, so I was wondering what subjects come up the most on both papers for edexcel and are worth the most marks.

Circle theorems, probability, area volume and stuff like that but mostly algebra, standard index and simultaneous equations. Just revise things you will be able to do without a calculator and also with a calculator. Maths is mainly common sense
Hope this helps and Best of luck :smile:
Reply 5
Hi,

Algebra, shapes (maybe not triangles), basic statistic stuff.... etc
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi,

Anything can come up since its maths.
I would suggest you use Mathswatch if you do not use that already. Also there are other maths GCSE youtube videos you could watch.
Original post by Fallen99
Circle theorems, probability, area volume and stuff like that but mostly algebra, standard index and simultaneous equations. Just revise things you will be able to do without a calculator and also with a calculator. Maths is mainly common sense
Hope this helps and Best of luck :smile:

Thank you love :smile:
Original post by Andy98
Algebra, shapes (maybe not triangles), basic statistic stiff.... etc

Thanks, I'll look into them :smile:
Original post by German123
Anything can come up since its maths.
I would suggest you use Mathswatch if you do not use that already. Also there are other maths GCSE youtube videos you could watch.

Yeah I have a Mathswatch dvd. I'll use that :smile: Thanks
Yeah I have a Mathswatch dvd. I'll use that :smile: Thanks

Cool.
Thank you love :smile:

U are very welcome :smile: Let me know if you want help in anything else. I will be more than happy to help u :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest