The Student Room Group

Help please now important

How do i revise for these 2 gcse subjects? For english lit I am doing poetry,inspector calls and Of mice and men. I am rubbish at writing essays and analysing poems. So how do I improve this?

Also How do I revise for the Spanish listening and reading exams? My teacher just says learn vocab but theirs about 60 pages of words to learn
(edited 9 years ago)
Need help pleaseeeee
Original post by tahmidislam32
Need help pleaseeeee

what poem cluster you doing
I am doing the relationships cluster
We had an assembly on how to revise on Thursday and uve just got to practice basically. so for English get some past exam papers and do them in a set time n get ur tether to mark it and make sure u know what's on the mark scheme for like band 5 and stuff :P if u don't have past exam papers then look in ur book for exam questions u might have done in class and write a response in a set time n get ur teacher to mark it :smile: for poetry u can annotate poems off the internet and write about them and learn vocab u can use like stanza and enjambment :smile: I donot know about Spanish.. If u have vocab express that's a good app :smile:
Original post by ilaydalana
We had an assembly on how to revise on Thursday and uve just got to practice basically. so for English get some past exam papers and do them in a set time n get ur tether to mark it and make sure u know what's on the mark scheme for like band 5 and stuff :P if u don't have past exam papers then look in ur book for exam questions u might have done in class and write a response in a set time n get ur teacher to mark it :smile: for poetry u can annotate poems off the internet and write about them and learn vocab u can use like stanza and enjambment :smile: I donot know about Spanish.. If u have vocab express that's a good app :smile:

couldn't have put it better myself
I am doing the relationships cluster

what poems do you think will come on this year
English has been covered, but memrise.com is useful for languages - basically it allows you to learn vocab, which it then tests you on. You should be able to find your exam board's specification on there (if you search for it, it doesn't give you the option straight away). :smile:
Thank u - and I'm not sure what poems will come out - I will just have to go over all of them
Reply 9
Thank u - and I'm not sure what poems will come out - I will just have to go over all of them

What exam board are you on ?
Read the books and know the context.

For example, in inspector calls there is dramatic irony associated with Arthur Birling of how he says the titanic is unsinkable and there will be no wars and the economy will boom.

But this was rubbish, so link it back to the context by saying how he used effectively for comedy as the play was released after WW 2 I believe 1945/1946.
Reply 11
Seriously use the app memrise it's so good you can learn Spanish vocab and a lot of those words come up in the exams so you'll be prepared! I got a C in the listening mock and an A in the reading mock last year but this year I got 2 A*s x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest