The Student Room Group

advice please

EDEXCEL IAL BIO
is it waste of time making a note again with only important stuff.
i already have a full note i wrote before and had highlighted what all are important. my exam is in a month and i started studying now.
Original post by anonymousthisu
EDEXCEL IAL BIO
is it waste of time making a note again with only important stuff.
i already have a full note i wrote before and had highlighted what all are important. my exam is in a month and i started studying now.

Some people find that the act of writing-out key notes (sometimes repeatedly) helps them remember that information. For others, it'd just be a waste of time. There is no "one size fits all" answer to this question.

If you've only got a month until the exam, I'd focus on past papers and revisiting topics in which those reveal a weakness, rather than blindly writing out key notes.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Some people find that the act of writing-out key notes (sometimes repeatedly) helps them remember that information. For others, it'd just be a waste of time. There is no "one size fits all" answer to this question.

If you've only got a month until the exam, I'd focus on past papers and revisiting topics in which those reveal a weakness, rather than blindly writing out key notes.

It's not necessarily a waste of time to create a new set of notes with only the important information. In fact, condensing information into a concise set of notes can be a very effective study strategy. This process, often referred to as "active recall" or "summarization," can help reinforce your understanding of the material.
By reviewing and selecting the key points from your existing notes, you're engaging with the information in a meaningful way. This can enhance your comprehension and make it easier to recall during the exam. Additionally, having a set of condensed notes can be a valuable resource for quick review in the days leading up to the exam.
However, it's important to strike a balance. Don't spend too much time creating new notes at the expense of actually reviewing and understanding the material. Focus on the most crucial concepts and information that you need to remember. Consider using techniques like flashcards, self-quizzing, or explaining concepts in your own words to reinforce your learning.
Ultimately, the effectiveness of this approach depends on your individual learning style. Some people find that creating condensed notes is a helpful part of their study routine, while others may prefer different methods. Experiment with different strategies and find what works best for you.
Original post by kevano
It's not necessarily a waste of time to create a new set of notes with only the important information. In fact, condensing information into a concise set of notes can be a very effective study strategy. This process, often referred to as "active recall" or "summarization," can help reinforce your understanding of the material.
By reviewing and selecting the key points from your existing notes, you're engaging with the information in a meaningful way. This can enhance your comprehension and make it easier to recall during the exam. Additionally, having a set of condensed notes can be a valuable resource for quick review in the days leading up to the exam.
However, it's important to strike a balance. Don't spend too much time creating new notes at the expense of actually reviewing and understanding the material. Focus on the most crucial concepts and information that you need to remember. Consider using techniques like flashcards, self-quizzing, or explaining concepts in your own words to reinforce your learning.
Ultimately, the effectiveness of this approach depends on your individual learning style. Some people find that creating condensed notes is a helpful part of their study routine, while others may prefer different methods. Experiment with different strategies and find what works best for you.

thanks a lot
Original post by DataVenia

thanks a lot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending