The Student Room Group

Philosophy super curricular

So I want to apply for philosophy at uni and a large part of my personal statement is based on an essay I wrote for the John. Locke essay competition. However I missed the deadline and now I’m panicking. Is there any open essay competitions or other supercurriculars because apart from that all I have is reading. Please help
Original post by Anonymous
So I want to apply for philosophy at uni and a large part of my personal statement is based on an essay I wrote for the John. Locke essay competition. However I missed the deadline and now I’m panicking. Is there any open essay competitions or other supercurriculars because apart from that all I have is reading. Please help

Reading is completely fine! The important thing is that you explain why the reading was worthwhile and how it helped/interested you. Try to focus on readings you find genuinely interesting rather than ones you think will sound prestigious. Oxford degrees are very heavy on the reading anyway, so they're not going to discount you because you focused on it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending