The Student Room Group

Jack Wills - image change?

I've noticed in Jack Wills, the staff seem very ordinary and average, not what you would refer to as typically public school. To me, there's no difference with the Jack Wills staff and staff from other stores such as Topshop. I really don't get how people can refer to the staff as sloaney or posh. I think the staff's most common feature is that they all appear to be young twenty somethings or late teens. Maybe they go out and recruit nobody who is over 23? Years ago, the brand seemed more exclusive and they seemed to want to project this upper middle class image. Now I feel they're trying to appeal to everyone and maybe they're trying to appear studenty and indie. I also feel everyone wears Jack Wills, it's not a brand for "public school" people, so why do people carry on saying things like, "It's a rah brand"?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by NotJustAName
I've noticed in Jack Wills, the staff seem very ordinary and average, not what you would refer to as typically public school. To me, there's no difference with the Jack Wills staff and staff from other stores such as Topshop. I really don't get how people can refer to the staff as sloaney or posh. I think the staff's most common feature is that they all appear to be young twenty somethings or late teens. Maybe they go out and recruit nobody who is over 23? Years ago, the brand seemed more exclusive and they seemed to want to project this upper middle class image. Now I feel they're trying to appeal to everyone and maybe they're trying to appear studenty and indie. I also feel everyone wears Jack Wills, it's not a brand for "public school" people, so why do people carry on saying things like, "It's a rah brand"?

I've been wondering about this too...JW is akin to Topshop, anyone and everyone wears it:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by small_circles
I've been wondering about this too...JW is akin to Topshop, anyone and everyone wears it:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow. I'm not going mad. Someone agrees with me. :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by NotJustAName
Wow. I'm not going mad. Someone agrees with me. :tongue:

Lol ...us two against the world:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest