The Student Room Group

MyTutor pricing changes

I have been working on MyTutor for 4 years now. They changed their pricing a while ago so parents pay more ask MyTutor could pocket it. This annoyed me slightly as I ended up getting paid less because parents ended up not wanting to pay higher prices anymore.

Now, they have done the same thing but worse. They have increased the prices so much and I get paid so much less. I just don’t think there’s anyone that’s willing to pay £37 a lesson even with 4 years experience and over 100 reviews.

Has anyone got any recommendations for any other tutoring websites lol. And does anyone else have an opinion on this
Reply 1
BF4D631C-7A9F-45EB-BA20-5D0DF0077127.jpg49FF0CD7-7A3F-46DE-8D9A-110E441D9A1D.jpeg
Look at the differences in pay. (Second image is parents price green is my pay from it).

And the worst thing is once you select a pay band you can’t change it. I like to offer discounts on students who want multiple lessons a week by offering a lower price
Reply 2
Original post by meena7861234
I have been working on MyTutor for 4 years now. They changed their pricing a while ago so parents pay more ask MyTutor could pocket it. This annoyed me slightly as I ended up getting paid less because parents ended up not wanting to pay higher prices anymore.

Now, they have done the same thing but worse. They have increased the prices so much and I get paid so much less. I just don’t think there’s anyone that’s willing to pay £37 a lesson even with 4 years experience and over 100 reviews.

Has anyone got any recommendations for any other tutoring websites lol. And does anyone else have an opinion on this
Same. I have done intense tutoring with them over 1500 lessons since 2021. But wage premium is going down. My profit in MAY 2022 is very similar to what is now. Yea very hard to get students on 37.lol the problem is this service is worth good money as it is one of temporary without any security and benefits or consistent job and requires good grades and communication skills. But since my tutor has 1000s of tutors we don't have any leverage and just got a do it as finding clients privately is incredibly difficult and requires a lot of proactive effort.

On parents side they want tutors for 30 as based on uk income that's decent amount of money to pay for tutor who has flexibility to teach from home. So, Unfortunately I had to reduce my price to 30 to get more clients as there is no alternative. Is annoying.
Original post by meena7861234

You can try YipYap though they are more geared towards students taking a gap year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending