The Student Room Group

US Presidential Election 2016 official thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Whoever stands for the Republicans should be next president.
Original post by 6 millionLies
Someone who in the money of Jews, or has majority Jewish administrations like Bill did.

Someone who stands for American people, not Israel.

Washington is a Jewish colony is it wonder why America spreads terror around the world? wars and conflicts for the interests of Israel and Jewish power.

Well, you've definitely got an informed opinion about this, haven't you?
If we are asking about the best person to 'deal with ISIS and China' is...I'd probably say Hilary. She has tons of experience in international relations that none of the other candidates so far have.
Original post by Thomas2
I know Obama's hands have been tied to a large extent by the Bush legacy when it comes to international crises but somehow he has appeared weak and ineffectual in the middle east. Maybe it is a good thing they have not intervened on the ground in Sryia/Iraq and/or bombed Iran. However, to me, he has never had the sort of stature that George Bush Snr. or Clinton had.

I'm just wondering who would be the best choice of president to take on ISIS and deal with emerging threats from China etc.

He hasn't "appeared" weak and ineffectual, he spent his entire campaign promising that he would prove to be, by abandoning Iraq to Islamist savages, and that's exactly what he did.
Elizabeth Warren. But she will never get elected. I think the Democrats will lose this one regardless of who they nominate.

So preferably a Rockefeller Republican. Jeb Bush would be my choice, as a moderate Republican. However he is unlikely to make it past the Republican primaries, as they punish intelligence and moderation.
Should be Atul Gawande. John Cusack as well would be good.
Beyoncé :love::lips:

Putin

"Do you want to laugh? These are the sanctions against Russia"
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3218157&page=5

Post in this thread. Hopefully @Aj12 may be able to merge them.
Reply 109
Original post by Rakas21
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3218157&page=5

Post in this thread. Hopefully @Aj12 may be able to merge them.

Done :smile:

He's a mean, slippery, conniving and murderous cold fish, but his heart's in the right place. :teehee:
BERNIE!!!
Steven Segal for prez

Chuck Norris for veep

[scrollr]:rave:[/scrollr]

[scroll]:rave:[/scroll]

[scrollr]:rave:[/scrollr]
O'Malley is announcing his bid today foolishly. He is doing dire in the poll: he's behind Lincoln Chafee and Jim Webb! He should run in 2024 as he'll still be young enough and stand more of a chance of winning. He would be the ideal front runner if Hillary wasn't around; he has a pretty good record and is a progressive.
Rofl talk about brain drain
Original post by Indywingland
O'Malley is announcing his bid today foolishly. He is doing dire in the poll: he's behind Lincoln Chafee and Jim Webb! He should run in 2024 as he'll still be young enough and stand more of a chance of winning. He would be the ideal front runner if Hillary wasn't around; he has a pretty good record and is a progressive.

Are you serious? O'Malley called for an increase in harsher policing as a crackdown on crime during his tenure as Governor of Maryland. FYI, he was a moderate during his time as Governor. He's only made switch to being progressive because of the direction the Democrats are heading towards in the long term future as well as the fact that primary elections tend to bring people that are more liberal from the Democratic Party.
Original post by kurofune
Are you serious? O'Malley called for an increase in harsher policing as a crackdown on crime during his tenure as Governor of Maryland. FYI, he was a moderate during his time as Governor. He's only made switch to being progressive because of the direction the Democrats are heading towards in the long term future as well as the fact that primary elections tend to bring people that are more liberal from the Democratic Party.

Of course I'm serious, what a silly question. His entire argument is Warren isn't running but I am; it won't work though and he won't even be vp. Also crime fell 50% when he was governor.
Y'all can't handle the Randle. Seriously though I'll be disappointed if some sperg like Ted Cruz or Rubio win against Rand. Hopefully Clinton loses her preliminaries though, can't stand that old crone.
Reply 118
Original post by Gabrielxucram
BERNIE!!!

This is pretty awkward as this is the second time I've seen a post I wanted to rep but haven't been able to and it's been yours

Anyway feast your eyes upon this majestic specimen, look at that fantastically dishevelled hair:

Also I think that OP should update the first post to add all the candidates that are now running
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mm14
This is pretty awkward as this is the second time I've seen a post I wanted to rep but haven't been able to and it's been yours

Anyway feast your eyes upon this majestic specimen, look at that fantastically dishevelled hair:

Also I think that OP should update the first post to add all the candidates that are now running

hey you know what they say: great mind think alike! TSR just conspires against us haha. Seriously though, Bernie is the real deal. Way better than the GOPs and the Pseudo-GOPs which are also owned by wall street anyway. He is the only true left in the race.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending