The Student Room Group

The Chemistry As-level AQA EMPA 2015?

Has anyone done the chemistry As-level AQA EMPA 2015? Please let me know if you have; Thank you x
And what, exactly, do you want to know?

Read this first, please.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?f=130&a=1535
Reply 2
I've done it :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by sufyb
I've done it :smile:

How do it go ? What was it about ?
Reply 5
How did it go what was it on?
Does anyone have any tips for the written exam? :smile:
Please help doing is a year early and starting to panic as int he only person in my year too and I don't want to look stupid in front of the older students
Reply 8
Original post by GeorgiaW1122
Please help doing is a year early and starting to panic as int he only person in my year too and I don't want to look stupid in front of the older students

What your exam board ?
Aqa
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey!
I am currently having a bit of a panic over my ISA written exam next week, I'd love it if anyone could give me tips so i can do better x
Original post by katesparks
Hey!
I am currently having a bit of a panic over my ISA written exam next week, I'd love it if anyone could give me tips so i can do better x

Hi,
your teacher may have already told you about the task and the topics you need to revise for the given task...
if you want help with regards to the actual practical:
-make sure you can tell the difference between solutions and precipitates when doing observation tasks as it is easy to get them mixed up.

-read through past mark schemes to see what they accept for observations, for example, recording cloudy will not get you any marks.

-when titrating, make sure you take a reading from eye level.

-remember to take all readings at 2 decimal places and try to attain concordance as it gives you a mark.

for the written EMPA my best advice would be to work through past papers for section 3 as most of the Qs you may get asked will be similar.
for section A be confident with calculations, thermochemical cycles, etc. if you require more practice on these refer back to the P-ISA's.

Good Luck with your EMPA
Help with bio for help with chem/physics empa?
Reply 13
I've done it! What did you get for the observations?
Don't worry too much about the Chemistry written Empa, remember that unit 1 and 2 count for a lot more than this .
It was not that difficult just revise the topics given by the teachers and you will succeed
. Good luck :tongue:
Does anyone have the unofficial markscheme for the EMPA
Original post by Heretohelp!
Does anyone have the unofficial markscheme for the EMPA

Lol
I don't think there is one

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest