The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I used to get about 4 hours a week.

However, it was usually less than this because most of my loser classmates wouldn't turn up to lessons, so the teacher wouldn't bother teaching. My teachers (well one in particular) were pretty good though, it's just my class that sucked.
I have about 6 hours of maths (doing 6 modules)
and 2.5 hours of further
Reply 22
hi
Reply 23
i have 12 hours of maths every week, just for cie a-level maths, because i did my lit and bs earlier in nov and oct.
Reply 24
this might sound a bit odd but to be honest i dont get any hour for maths OR further maths... so far I have managed to do about 3/4th of the course solely on my own and the school only enters me for the exams i ask for.. i aslo do business studies and the case is even worse that there is nto even a teacher to teach business studies a level in the school!!! apart from that i get 4 hours for psychology hour a day and 4 hours for physics on Friday all in a row!!! (nightmare!!)

How does that sound then doing maths and further maths solely on your own.. with no teaching what so ever.. only some help if ur stuck at a question which is like for 5 or 10 mins....?????

:rolleyes:
Reply 25
I get 4 hrs a week for both maths and f. maths.
Reply 26
I don't get any maths lessons now! :eek: Just plowing through Pure 5 and M2 now then more STEP revision (have finished the normal A-level). The school cannot afford to just teach me as I'm the only further maths candidate in my year (they entered a partnership with other schools in the below mine and they teach further maths there so the year below me has 12 people in).
God, we have much more on maths !

but we finish a-level maths(both as & a2) in a year... :cool:
Reply 28
I get 4 hours per week for maths and further maths.
Reply 29
I just get an hour a week, cos that is Key Skills.
Reply 30
Single maths = 5 lessons a week
Single and Further maths = 10 lesson a week
For my further maths (currently AS) I get:
(every 2 weeks)
6-11 hours pure
3 hours mechanics
3-8 hours stats

I'm doing P1,2,3 S1,2 and M1 this year.
Reply 32
I am doing further maths, and i have 14 hours/week. In my school, all AS subjects have 7 hours, and A2 have 8.
We covered whole syllabus (Pure 1, 2, 3 + coursework, Statistics 1, 2 + coursework, and Mechanics 1, 2 + coursework) in two terms, and on the last term we will do the revision only (past papers etc.)
Reply 33
are you good at trig if u are i need help so can u mail me and help me

Thanks
Reply 34
I get....thinks....12 hours a week for triple maths <6 for pure4&5> <3 for stats> <1 for mechs> <2 for AEA/STEP>
Reply 35
meena

Thanks

just post your q's here!!
meena

Thanks

Katie is obviously better, but if it's GCSE/P1/P2 then I could help. :smile:
Reply 37
bono
Katie is obviously better, but if it's GCSE/P1/P2 then I could help. :smile:

You could help me if you want :smile:

"By drawing a suitable straight line on the grid find estimates of the solutions of the equation x^3 - 4x + 2 = 0"

It's from a past gcse paper - it confused me because it's not a straight line...
Reply 38
me!

"By drawing a suitable straight line on the grid find estimates of the solutions of the equation x^3 - 4x + 2 = 0"

It's from a past gcse paper - it confused me because it's not a straight line...

Draw a line when x=0, and read off the figures for the solutions (ie when they cross the lines)
Reply 39
me!

On the grid is there already a curve? If so, what is the equation of the curve?

Latest