The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

LCC and Manna Ash halls

Hey! I have just got accepted into LCC to study Advertising, and have also been accepted to stay in halls at manna ash. anyone else ??

I don't have a guarantor, and it says you need one to stay at these halls... also they want a full terms rent in advance on like 24th Sept, which is before the loan comes through. does this mean that i wont be able to stay here coz i cant do these things, or is there any way around it??

also how many days a week do you attend the course? I'm a total noob and im so nervous about going (as they dont make it easy for people who dont have rich parents to fall back on) that im considering not going at all, due to cost and such, but if someone could put my mind at ease and give me some info that would be great :smile: xxx
I've got an offer for LCC and Manna Ash too, they mentioned needed a guarantor but didn't actually ask for the details of one when I put the deposit down! I haven't seen anything about them wanting as full month's rent in advance though. It was £400 in total that I payed out of my savings, £325 of which will go into the first month's rent and £75 of which is a non- refundable admin fee (I mean REALLY THOUGH £75 FOR ADMIN?? HOW MUCH DO THEY PAY THEIR SECRETARIES?!) Absolute rip off....but anyway. That should be the only money we have to pay before the loan comes through as we should have our maintenance arrive in our bank accounts at the start of term (which I assume means first day??***) First day of term for my course is 28th September and the rent is due on the 29th according to the email that came straight from Sanctuary Students. The standard en suite rooms are roughly £768 per month meaning that even if I am wrong and our loans don't come through before our first rent is due it means there would only be (in theory) £443 to pay upfront. That's not completely unattainable if you have a job, even just a casual summer job! Might be an idea to have like £500 in your bank account in case of an emergency, even if it means holding off on buying some learning/living materials until after the loan comes in.

***Got info from here: http://www.sfengland.slc.co.uk/media/864981/sfe_new_ft_guide_1516_d.pdf

The system is awful, the government forces us to go to uni by not giving any other opportunities for young people then makes it nearly impossible for us to pay for it. It's truly disgusting! But don't let that put you off, all of us who haven't been born into wealth must fight but unfortunately that's just the way it is at the moment. I hope this has been useful!
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
If you email and let them know you won't get the money until after that date due to student loan you'll be fine, they did it for us last year. I can't remember if you do have to pay some of it, but if you've paid the deposit i think thats fine as long as you tell them you won't get the money until certain date. By the way this happens every term with the payment, they always want it before student loan gets given! feel free to ask anything else
Original post by lettuceleaf
I've got an offer for LCC and Manna Ash too, they mentioned needed a guarantor but didn't actually ask for the details of one when I put the deposit down! I haven't seen anything about them wanting as full month's rent in advance though. It was £400 in total that I payed out of my savings, £325 of which will go into the first month's rent and £75 of which is a non- refundable admin fee (I mean REALLY THOUGH £75 FOR ADMIN?? HOW MUCH DO THEY PAY THEIR SECRETARIES?!) Absolute rip off....but anyway. That should be the only money we have to pay before the loan comes through as we should have our maintenance arrive in our bank accounts at the start of term (which I assume means first day??***) First day of term for my course is 28th September and the rent is due on the 29th according to the email that came straight from Sanctuary Students. The standard en suite rooms are roughly £768 per month meaning that even if I am wrong and our loans don't come through before our first rent is due it means there would only be (in theory) £443 to pay upfront. That's not completely unattainable if you have a job, even just a casual summer job! Might be an idea to have like £500 in your bank account in case of an emergency, even if it means holding off on buying some learning/living materials until after the loan comes in.

***Got info from here: http://www.sfengland.slc.co.uk/media/864981/sfe_new_ft_guide_1516_d.pdf

The system is awful, the government forces us to go to uni by not giving any other opportunities for young people then makes it nearly impossible for us to pay for it. It's truly disgusting! But don't let that put you off, all of us who haven't been born into wealth must fight but unfortunately that's just the way it is at the moment. I hope this has been useful!

Hey, thank you so much for getting back to me! I have only just remembered to check for reply!

Since I posted this I have rang up Manna Ash halls and they told me that although they ask for a guarantor in the small print, you don't actually need one (why put it in the contract then!) and also the contract says that you need to pay your 1st terms rent in advance, but when I rang them up again they said you don't really have to!! I was like ooooooOOOk then. that's good news but i did get a little stressed about this, Tums out everything's gonna be OK :smile:

What course are you both studying???

I've paid my £400 now, and now all i need to do is look for a job!! anyone else doing advertising? and when are you moving into halls? I was thinking the 20th sep? xxx
p.s. the £75 booking fee really racked me off as well, day. light. robbery
Reply 5
staying at manna ash too and going to lcc for film practice.

was on the UAL website earlier and it looks like the guarantor thing is only if you're under 18. but that whole non refundable £75 is so stupid
Hello,I'll be attending LCC and wanted a place in Manna Ash. Will be applying for accommodation today. Do you guys think I still hold a chance of getting a place in Manna Ash. I'm really very late.
Hi , I too Will be joining LCC , have you guys tried Victoria halls ?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by vasundhara13
Hi , I too Will be joining LCC , have you guys tried Victoria halls ?

Hey Vasundhara,

Most of the affordable rooms in Victoria Hall are full. I received an offer from Will Wyatt Court today. Any idea how that is. Its a bit far, but i guess i'll have to manage. What will you be studying at LCC?
I will be studying art direction , How about you ? Sorry i don't really know how that is .
Original post by Priyanka512
Hey Vasundhara,

Most of the affordable rooms in Victoria Hall are full. I received an offer from Will Wyatt Court today. Any idea how that is. Its a bit far, but i guess i'll have to manage. What will you be studying at LCC?
Hi Vasundhara,

I'll be studying graphic and media design. postgraduate.
Hello,

I'll be attending LCC and wanted a place in Manna Ash. Will be applying for accommodation today. Do you guys think I still hold a chance of getting a place in Manna Ash. I'm really very late.
Hi:smile:
Do you still need a place at Manna Ash? As I want to move out(ensuite room) and looking for somebody to take my contract.
Reply 13
Original post by Alice Kotova
Do you still need a place at Manna Ash? As I want to move out(ensuite room) and looking for somebody to take my contract.

Hi Alice

You say you want someone to take over your contract at Manna Ash for an ensuite room? I'll take that offer. If you want we can talk
Hi Alice,

I'd be interested. Can we talk?
Original post by Alice Kotova

Hi Alice,

I'm staying at Will wyatt. But I'm interested. Can we talk? :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending