The Student Room Group

Ravensbourne or UAL (LCC)??

i’ve recently got conditional offers to study graphic design at both Ravensbourne and UAL however i’m really stuck on which uni it is i want to go to, location wise i feel ravensbourne is perfect unlike LCC which is in elephant and castle with the surrounding area not being so great but i don’t want to choose a uni purely just based on location. education wise which university would be better for studying graphic design? I've looked into both courses and im just really stuck on what one would be better for me in the future, any suggestions/thought? thank you!
Original post by livc6mpbell
i’ve recently got conditional offers to study graphic design at both Ravensbourne and UAL however i’m really stuck on which uni it is i want to go to, location wise i feel ravensbourne is perfect unlike LCC which is in elephant and castle with the surrounding area not being so great but i don’t want to choose a uni purely just based on location. education wise which university would be better for studying graphic design? I've looked into both courses and im just really stuck on what one would be better for me in the future, any suggestions/thought? thank you!

Hello!

Having experienced both as a student at LCC and now as a staff member at Ravensbourne University London, I can say firsthand there is an emphasis on community and student support at Ravensbourne.

Both institutions have cutting-edge facilities, so I believe you will receive a similar level of technical focus to your practice. However, Ravensbourne prides itself on its industry-focused approach to learning, building early connections to make sure you’re industry-ready once you graduate.

I studied Photography at LCC, so I can't directly comment on the Graphic Design course at LCC itself, but if you're looking for a university with a tight-knit community vibe in an innovative location - Ravensbourne might be the perfect fit for you!

Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions :smile:

Best,
Madeleine
Marketing, Communications & Content Administrator
Ravensbourne University London

Have you visited both?

There's no point picking a course that someone tells you is best if you think you'll be miserable or unhappy studying at that location/that campus - you need to find the course and place where you will thrive.

Are those your only 2 choices?
Reply 3

Hi where else have you applied?
Reply 4
Yes try and go to an offer day or just arrange to visit.Three years is a long time in the wrong place.Go and see for yourself and ask lots of questions .
Reply 5
hey have u decided what one u will pick?

Quick Reply

Latest