The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
love2learn7
i swear the guy in charge of austin (head of special intelligence or whomever0 says something similar

no idea.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Incidentally, I was watching Austin Power 3 the other day and I could have sworn I saw Queen's Tower in the background, through a window with blinds on it...
Reply 42
to be honest relating to earlier posts those people who think imperial is not a university known to people beyond the UK are fools. If they believe the only two universities that are known outside this country are oxbridge then they obviously have not done their research.

If you look at places like CERN it is filled with imperial graduates in physics. Ive heard that Imperial physics is actually better than oxford physics but then thats open to debate as is anything. Personally if you got into Oxford, you would probably be tempted to take it as its an experience amongst the most capable students in the country. However you will be amongst the bright at Imperial too.

Go for Oxford though, you would be silly not too.
Reply 43
i've yet to meet anyone who turned down oxbridge. i was thinking about this 2 years ago but got turned down by oxford so didn't have to make that choice
real1
i've yet to meet anyone who turned down oxbridge. i was thinking about this 2 years ago but got turned down by oxford so didn't have to make that choice

You're hanging around the wrong crowd.....

Well not really, but I am surprised you don't know any - i know several... there are plenty of reasons not to go to Oxbridge - but if any of them applied to you, I guess it would be an easier decision..

Just as at other unis, there are some distinctly average people at Oxford and Cambridge - don't be lulled into the false image of them as the only world class unis in the country, impressive though they are.
silly arguments really
Reply 46
solo2wolf
meet me. turned down oxford for imperial a few weeks ago. imperial is better if your serious about a career. you want to network with as many scientists as possible not english lit and art history grads. as for culture imperial is 37% international. and to compare courses and quality of students get on unistats and look at the data...no difference in A levels. imperial is the place to be now.

You realise you just bumped a thread from over a year ago? No one cares anymore :p:
Reply 47
ashy
You realise you just bumped a thread from over a year ago? No one cares anymore :p:

Jesus cares. Jesus care about everyone. :smile:
ashy

wow yes i did. just searched for the topid to see how disgustingly ignorant some of these people are. i hate that they cant accept oxbridge is no longer without competition from other uk unis and that students in those unis could totally handle the oxbridge courses and better. just really gets me that they dont respect how great the people are in other places i.e as good as them. theres elitism and theres ridiculous and unfounded arogance.
Reply 49
solo2wolf
wow yes i did. just searched for the topid to see how disgustingly ignorant some of these people are. i hate that they cant accept oxbridge is no longer without competition from other uk unis and that students in those unis could totally handle the oxbridge courses and better. just really gets me that they dont respect how great the people are in other places i.e as good as them. theres elitism and theres ridiculous and unfounded arogance.

The best thing to do is laugh at the naïve little dears! :p:
yes i end up doing so but i have many friends who feel that their unis,courses and subsequent careers are second best because they didnt get into oxbridge. edders put it beautifuly in a post about when people reach their peak. i really wouldnt mind the whole thing if it wer true or a matter of opinion but its not and theres plenty of evidence to prove it. i dont know how many times iv heard such and such a uni is full of obridge rejects its unbelievable how untrue that is. i saw the numbers myself on ucas. oxbridge have a pittiful number of applicants compared to other great unis.
Reply 51
Also anyone find it ironic that only unimportant, ignorant people claim that Oxbridge are unrivalled in every field? I think that ends the argument right there.
cerise
Also anyone find it ironic that only unimportant, ignorant people claim that Oxbridge are unrivalled in every field? I think that ends the argument right there.

i find its the oxbridge guys all the time who have the said misconceptions. anyone else noticed that?the girls are nowhere near as bad. also cerise theres an awesome thread somewhere on 10 questions. i just posted, take a look and get on it :wink:
Die with dignity.

Latest

Trending

Trending