The Student Room Group

Do you think IS will lead to the start of WW3?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by SnailInAShell123
With the current chaos in the Middle East and constant threat of terrorism,do you believe IS and other so-called Islamic terrorist groups will lead to the start of WW3?

I think Islam has already led to WW3

there are 1.8 billion muslims in the world.

military science has shown that out of 100% of the soldiers that they have recruited
25% are willing to shoot
2% are willing to shoot to kill
1 of that 2% are psychopathic

so lets ignore the 25% and 1 or that 2% of killers assuming that the 1% that is of sound mind is sound minded enough to not be poisoned by ideology.

so 1% of 1.8 billion is still 18 million.

18 million psychopaths backed up with islamic ideology telling them to "kill the kafir".
18 million guys likely, willing, able and looking for an excuse.

they are dispersed internationally. living amongst us.

nazi germany had a total population of 90 million much of those were non combatants. women, children, mundane types of workers like postmen, bakers, plumbers etc... a minority were actual combatants.

china's current military strength is under 6 million.

i havent even included the muslims tht would facilitate and aid those 18 million.

violent muslim ideology out ranks non violent muslim ideology.

the quran its self speaks in a hostile and negative tone towards non believers makes extremely high demands of non muslims and also promotes violence as a source of justice. not only this there are around a thousand verses directly calling for war in a open ended and loosely interpretable manner which cannot be deferred as "historically contextualized." this does not even mention the modern cultural incompatibility of islam with the modern world. given that rape and slavery are pretty much universally illegal. however in islam they are not. infact they are encouraged.

islam is essentially at war with the world. so far they have only been at war with their neighbors. however due to the internet and the notion of an "Ummah" or "islamic state" that encompasses the whole world you start to see a problem.
Original post by Imperion
Probs on a horse farm.

Found in a catfish farm when NK had no net :laugh: Wouldn't be surprised.

While celebrating the 62nd anniversary since the end of the Korean war, he threatened violence against America :curious:
The part that puzzles me is how ISIS, what people keep saying is a relatively small group of 'Muslims' in the grand scheme of things, get their grubby little mitts on billions of dollars, thus funding their propaganda bs, amongst other things..
Usa always gets beaten by geurilla armies lol
Original post by Fleming1928
While celebrating the 62nd anniversary since the end of the Korean war, he threatened violence against America :curious:

Doesn't stop him from going somewhere. :tongue:
Original post by Imperion
Doesn't stop him from going somewhere. :tongue:

Original post by fleming1928

LOOL
World War means the world is at risk and therefore the main nations and their global allies join in to save and defend them. Who exactly is ISIS's ally outside of their region where they operate most? Russia? Laugh. Israel? Laugh. US? Laugh. China? Don't think so. Yes, it's scary, yes, it's threatening, but currently the insurgence isn't big enough apparently.

Do I think this means ignore them and let them play with knives and guns and chemicals? Hell no. If they're such a minority on the war scale then why don't all these nations who are powerful and won't support them surround them and nuke em? I know you can't kill a philosophy just by killing some people who believe it but still. Like when you kill one, another pops up to be the new leader.

Perhaps the cold footed western politicians feel their aggression might set off an actual war, I dunno. If people actually took the time to learn the origins of ISIS then maybe they'd know the seed and could possibly supplant or negotiate to stop it from growing, then keep the group contained even though it's a caliphate with members in several places.

Personally I think we need to just sit and watch, tbh, and respond how need be.
That's assuming all Muslims have been recruited as soldiers, 1% of RECRUITED SOLDIERS are psychopathic, not 1% of all Muslims
No.

The worst case scenario would be that the west is stupid enough to step back, ISIS spreads like a plague in the Arab World and then becomes functional and strong enough to piss us off. The result of that would be either a proxy war (lets say that Russia backs them with weapons ect..) or a simple NATO vs ISIS war.

I don't fear losing in these scenarios however it would be the most serious conflict since WW2 potentially.
ISIS is a big threat that needs to be wiped out, but I don't think they're big enough to cause a world war.
Reply 52
I think Russia will not ISIS. If ISIS wanted to be dealt with it would of happened, just like how Britain and USA invaded Iraq. The problem in east europe can lead to much more than ISIS can.
Nah putin will.. Hes bored and angry.
Gee, WWII kicked off on the back of the German invasion of Poland. At the moment we have wars in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Lybia, Egypt volatile as it is, the ever-present friction between Israel and Palestinians. Turks and Kurds, there's another storm brewing.

Nigeria, Sudan, Somalia, Afghanistan, North Korea and more. Russia and Ukraine, for instance. US and UK are dropping bombs on the Middle East.

Begs the question: at which point do we declare a world war is on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending