The Student Room Group

Should I appeal my grade? How do I do this? PLEASEHELP:/

I need help
I got a B in English. This is okay in itself, but when I enquired about the breakdown of the marks I was told I got two A*s and a U for the three exams I took.
This can't be right...I wouldn't have got a U, as the other two seem to suggest.
What should I do? If its because I filled in the information on the paper wrong does this mean it will stay at a U even if the content WAS an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Remark it def
Maybe an examiner just didn't like/understand what you wrote
Original post by MJ19
Remark it def
Maybe an examiner just didn't like/understand what you wrote

Have you ever done this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by missytwinpeaks
Have you ever done this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent my Chemistry paper to be remarked today, but a guy in the year above got a low mark in English (roughly C) and then got it remarked up to an A*
Okay thanks. Do you think its possible it wasn't the content of the answers but something I filled in wrong on the form? Or would they ignore errors like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Okay thanks. Do you think its possible it wasn't the content of the answers but something I filled in wrong on the form? Or would they ignore errors like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unlikely. If that did happen, you would probably get something like an X or another error code.
Reply 6
English papers do not always have a definite mark scheme, i.e. bits of information that examiners look out for to award you the marks (e.g. Biol/Chem/Physics and Maths) so I would get that U remarked.

It is a possibility that another examiner may be impressed by your answer and will award more marks.
Original post by SkyJP
English papers do not always have a definite mark scheme, i.e. bits of information that examiners look out for to award you the marks (e.g. Biol/Chem/Physics and Maths) so I would get that U remarked.

It is a possibility that another examiner may be impressed by your answer and will award more marks.

Thank you!
Do you know of any other reason I might get a u other than the content of my answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I need help
I got a B in English. This is okay in itself, but when I enquired about the breakdown of the marks I was told I got two A*s and a U for the three exams I took.
This can't be right...I wouldn't have got a U, as the other two seem to suggest.
What should I do? If its because I filled in the information on the paper wrong does this mean it will stay at a U even if the content WAS an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

tell your school you want an appeal on your english grade then they will sort it out for you but i think you gotta pay them so they can re send them to the exam board so it can be re marked
Has anyone ever done this and can explain the process?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Update
I've appealed......

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest