The Student Room Group

SQA Appeals 2023

Does anybody know when the appeals get released? I know it says October but it is halfway through October and no update.

Scroll to see replies

I was wondering the same
Reply 2
When the SQA says October they probably mean 31 st of October
Reply 3
I phoned sqa a week and a half ago (I’m a parent by the way; daughter in s6) and they said that due to the local authorities having different weeks off for October break they’d have to wait until all schools were back to release the appeal results. School messaged s6 during our October week and mentioned 31st October but I don’t know where they got that info…
Thanks at least it's something, school back today so will see
Reply 5
It was October 31st last year so ig thats why. but we were told it'll be next Monday

Original post by *JayDee*
I phoned sqa a week and a half ago (I’m a parent by the way; daughter in s6) and they said that due to the local authorities having different weeks off for October break they’d have to wait until all schools were back to release the appeal results. School messaged s6 during our October week and mentioned 31st October but I don’t know where they got that info…
Reply 6
Original post by TDCTV
It was October 31st last year so ig thats why. but we were told it'll be next Monday

Monday 30th then? That would be great. Really important to know final grades re UCAS application (and to know whether aspirational uni options are within reach!)
Monday 30th then? That would be great. Really important to know final grades re UCAS application (and to know whether aspirational uni options are within reach!)

What do you think the chances are of getting them, im one mark off an A in biology?
Reply 8
Cross fingers for you. Sqa are doing weird things with remarks. Applying margins. Certain amount of points have to be found before they’ll change a grade. Third year in a row they’ve changed the way they are basing appeals, which is really unfair on the different cohorts 😞
Reply 9
Original post by Rosestage
When the SQA says October they probably mean 31 st of October

it is
Anyone received their appeals results? Tia.
Reply 11
Original post by Honorhonor
Anyone received their appeals results? Tia.

Expecting them tomorrow. Good luck!
Anyone get any news? 🤞
Reply 13
Not yet. My daughter got a free period first thing so not in school yet
Not yet my son's in school and he's not heard yet
Reply 15
my daughter just messaged to say a piece of paper will be put up on the wall after lunch (when she will be at her work placement) - she will ask a friend to check
Thank you
That is very frustrating.
my daughter just messaged to say a piece of paper will be put up on the wall after lunch (when she will be at her work placement) - she will ask a friend to check
Reply 18
I’m literally appealing for 4 subjects that were 1 mark off and haven’t heard anything yet
Original post by GTTan345
I’m literally appealing for 4 subjects that were 1 mark off and haven’t heard anything yet

Good Luck - people have been called into the office today to get their appeal results. It’s been a bit mixed for people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending