The Student Room Group

[Official] SQA 2023 Results Day Discussion and Help thread

SQA 2023 Results Day Discussion and Help thread

Everyone will receive results by post, and if you've signed up to mySQA, you should receive a text or email from SQA on or just after 8am on results day.

This is the place for all things results day, so whether you just want to chat to some other students, have some questions about results day, or you need any help or advice about your results & what to do next, TSR is here to help :biggrin:

Here's some starters...

What subjects/levels did you study?

How do you feel about your results?

Are you changing your plans now that you have officially received your results?

What's next for you - moving up a year, college, apprenticeship, uni, something else?

Other SQA Results Threads and Useful Articles

(edited 8 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

as outlined in the booklet, the changes are complete garbage; I was hoping for them to revert to normal rather than to use this awful system

I see legitimately no reason to do what they have done, aside from screwing over students
Original post by Ashley Hutton
as outlined in the booklet, the changes are complete garbage; I was hoping for them to revert to normal rather than to use this awful system

I see legitimately no reason to do what they have done, aside from screwing over students
Are you receiving results this year Ashley?
Original post by 04MR17
Are you receiving results this year Ashley?

yes, I am doing my highers
Original post by Ashley Hutton
yes, I am doing my highers

Best of luck, here if you need any help! :colondollar:
I think this is my 5th SQA results day helping on the site so I hope I can be of some use. :redface:
Original post by 04MR17
Best of luck, here if you need any help! :colondollar:
I think this is my 5th SQA results day helping on the site so I hope I can be of some use. :redface:

I'm just kinda scared I've done bad and like, I can't appeal or anything, it's just a little worry really
Reply 6
What subjects/levels did you study? Application of Mathematics - National 5
How do you feel about your results? I am worried and anxious. I did study a lot but, I’ve always struggled with maths and struggled with paper 1
Are you changing your plans now that you have officially received your results? Pending
What's next for you - moving up a year, college, apprenticeship, uni, something else? I am going to either study at The university of Glasgow (first choice and conditional) or Edinburgh (second choice and unconditional) for primary teaching.
Reply 7
Original post by username6323689

I am confused. What are the changes? I’m not too familiar.
Original post by username6323689
I'm just kinda scared I've done bad and like, I can't appeal or anything, it's just a little worry really

Very normal, very very normal to feel like this.
It's the lack of certainty, which I imagine has been building since exams finished?
Well, not long now - 5 days to go!
Original post by rhiifuu
I am confused. What are the changes? I’m not too familiar.

A lot of exam boards (and I imagine SQA are the same) have scaled back the routes of appeal that were open during the pandemic years.
All of SQA's appeal info is here:
https://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/files_ccc/SQA-Appeals-2023.pdf
Hi I sat advanced higher maths and physics this year. I was predicted A's throughout the year but the exams went bad I will probably get B's. I got 6 A's for nat 5 and 5 A's for highers
Original post by eggbread78134
Hi I sat advanced higher maths and physics this year. I was predicted A's throughout the year but the exams went bad I will probably get B's. I got 6 A's for nat 5 and 5 A's for highers
What's next for you? Are you thinking about uni or something else?
I hope to go to edinburgh to study a masters in math. But I'm worrying if I get B's or C's this year for advanced highers I'll be rejected even though I have the standard higher requirement by the end of s5
I hope to go to edinburgh to study a masters in math. But I'm worrying if I get B's or C's this year for advanced highers I'll be rejected even though I have the standard higher requirement by the end of s5
What was their UCAS offer for you? :smile:
I have not even applied. Cause my fee status would be international. So Im waiting for the 2023-2024 ucas cycle to apply.
I have not even applied. Cause my fee status would be international. So Im waiting for the 2023-2024 ucas cycle to apply.

Oh I see. In which case my advice is even easier: Edinburgh would be 1 choice out of 5, apply to them and 4 others. If you are *not* taking further qualifications then you should get unconditional offers or rejections back. :smile:

Wherever you study, Maths graduates are highly prized people. :wink:
Thanks for the advice.
I took 5 highers this year (English, maths, mandarin, music and modern studies), I’m really nervous about results day though. I need straight A’s and I’m worrying it might not happen, particularly with English as I was just talking out of my ass for the essay (I panicked and wasn’t sure which essay prompt to use) 😬 music wasn’t great either…
did anyone else way more studying for Nat5 than higher and is now really nervous?
Original post by jessica099
I took 5 highers this year (English, maths, mandarin, music and modern studies), I’m really nervous about results day though. I need straight A’s and I’m worrying it might not happen, particularly with English as I was just talking out of my ass for the essay (I panicked and wasn’t sure which essay prompt to use) 😬 music wasn’t great either…

Original post by Learner126
did anyone else way more studying for Nat5 than higher and is now really nervous?

These are very normal worries the night before. Time for sleep so you're at your best tomorrow. Best of luck and let us know how you get on. :cube:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending