The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What is up with this site and conspiracies lately?? :confused:
2 5 +
3) Daveo has obviously had unauthorised AdminCP access at C+B. For example, the following PM was sent from an account that was found to share his IP:

You don't need admincp access to view the source code of a website - you just right click and select source code.
Reply 142
lmao at rhaydens last post! isn't padfoot american!? :rolleyes:
Reply 143
oh im sure there is plenty more where that came from.
Reply 144
2 5 +
NB: The following does not state my opinion, just lists a series of coincidences.

Who is wbl?

1) wbl is someone who clearly hates Vienna (with reference to previous events).
2) wbl hates Zapsta: see, well, this thread.
3) wbl is someone that can get into admin control panels, easily.

---

1) Daveo is hardly subtle in his dislike of Vienna: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?searchid=810372
2) Daveo banned Zapsta.
3) Daveo has obviously had unauthorised AdminCP access at C+B. For example, the following PM was sent from an account that was found to share his IP:

Like I said, make of it what you will.

If Daveo could look at the source code (and he would have had to be very handy with vbulletin to know where to look in the hundreds of pages of code) he would have had more than admincp access. You have to have server access to see the source php.
Reply 145
TK
lmao at rhaydens last post! isn't padfoot american!? :rolleyes:

Yep. He lives in Vermont.
Reply 146
2 5 +
NB: The following does not state my opinion, just lists a series of coincidences.

Who is wbl?

1) wbl is someone who clearly hates Vienna (with reference to previous events).
2) wbl hates Zapsta: see, well, this thread.
3) wbl is someone that can get into admin control panels, easily.

---

1) Daveo is hardly subtle in his dislike of Vienna: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?searchid=810372
2) Daveo banned Zapsta.

Like I said, make of it what you will.

You are aware that there is enough controversy right now without silly conspiracy theories involving mods and abusing the power they use to protect the forum?
Reply 147
Moncal
Yep. He lives in Vermont.

Didn't wbl hack your forum?
Moncal
If Daveo could look at the source code (and he would have had to be very handy with vbulletin to know where to look in the hundreds of pages of code) he would have had more than admincp access. You have to have server access to see the source php.

It was in the html of the login page
Reply 149
PQ
You don't need admincp access to view the source code of a website - you just right click and select source code.

That provides the html, css, ect. Not the code that would be logging the password.
Reply 150
Bilal786
Didn't wbl hack your forum?

Yeah. It's Padfoot's forum too btw.
PadFoot90
You are aware that there is enough controversy right now without silly conspiracy theories involving mods and abusing the power they use to protect the forum?

Silly conspiracy theories? All just facts or well-substantiated opinions (I think), no conclusions drawn...

(btw, to see the password logging hack, I'm pretty sure that Daveo would need adminCP; it was meant to be rather secret, y'know.)
Reply 152
2 5 +
(btw, to see the password logging hack, I'm pretty sure that Daveo would need adminCP; it is meant to be rather secret, y'know.)

Well, well, well.
Moncal
That provides the html, css, ect. Not the code that would be logging the password.

It was the way that the html etc was logging the passwords that tipped us off to the password logging - nothing to do with the php stuff. It wasn't simply returning them to the server - it was saving them as a seperate field and then returning that field to the server to allow the users to log in - which someone would only bether doing if they'd modified the server to accept unencrypted versions of those fields and save them.
(note - this is my un-techy understanding of what went on...but it was all based on readily accessibly html source code from the login page, admincp access/server access didn't come into it)
Reply 154
2 5 +
Silly conspiracy theories? All just facts or well-substantiated opinions (I think), no conclusions drawn...

(btw, to see the password logging hack, I'm pretty sure that Daveo would need adminCP; it was meant to be rather secret, y'know.)

You would need admincp access to see the passwords (unless they were being sent elsewhere) but you would have to have server access to put in the key logger and take it out.
PQ
It was the way that the html etc was logging the passwords that tipped us off to the password logging - nothing to do with the php stuff. It wasn't simply returning them to the server - it was saving them as a seperate field and then returning that field to the server to allow the users to log in - which someone would only bether doing if they'd modified the server to accept unencrypted versions of those fields and save them.
(note - this is my un-techy understanding of what went on...but it was all based on readily accessibly html source code from the login page, admincp access/server access didn't come into it)

Us? So, the entire TSR moderation team is involved in hacking other forums as they see fit, perhaps? Please correct me.
Reply 156
2 5 +

Yes, theories. You're combining a whole bunch of "facts" into one big theory, which isn't exactly helping :smile:
2 5 +

Sorry but you're wrong - did you even read the quote you posted

At about 3pm today by looking at the source code of this website I found out that C+B are logging your password everytime you login....this evidence was clearly visible and was discussed by a few people

I was one of those people - I compared the html source code on *** with the html source code on tsr and the source code provided on a hack on the vbullettin forum to allow password logging - the *** source code matched that on the hack and didn't match that on tsr.
Reply 158
2 5 +
Us? So, the entire TSR moderation team is involved in hacking other forums as they see fit, perhaps? Please correct me.

Haha! Clearly some issues of trust are going to have to be addressed here.
2 5 +

Please READ what you're responding to US as in myself and daveo LOOKING AT THE HTML SOURCE CODE OF THE LOGIN PAGE....something that is available to ANYONE viewing ANY webspage with ANY browser.

:rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending