The Student Room Group

Do mocks mean anything?

hi,
i've got mocks coming up on Wednesday which isn't great :frown: I go to a grammar school where we have loads of pressure put on us and anything except an A or A* isn't really acceptable. ive done a fair amount of revision but not enough that i'll be 100% confident going into exams. But do mocks really count? if I dont do as well as I could have done will it effect me greatly or my chances of getting into my chosen sixth form? in the long term is it really going to matter?
thanks
Reply 1
Original post by indigopuff
hi,
i've got mocks coming up on Wednesday which isn't great :frown: I go to a grammar school where we have loads of pressure put on us and anything except an A or A* isn't really acceptable. ive done a fair amount of revision but not enough that i'll be 100% confident going into exams. But do mocks really count? if I dont do as well as I could have done will it effect me greatly or my chances of getting into my chosen sixth form? in the long term is it really going to matter?
thanks

Mocks don't have any effect at all on your actual results or chances of getting into 6th form. They are simply there to give you an idea of what you might expect to get in your actual exams. Don't assume you can't do better/worse though. Mocks tend to be slightly easier than the real exams, but that might be different for your school.
Reply 2
Unless you want to go to one of those really competitive sixth forms, I don't think they really matter :smile:
Reply 3
I got Us - Low Ds for all my mocks and then spent two entire week revising before exams and got an A (Biology/Psychology). Mocks are representative of how much effort you put in for the grade. I put in no effort and got a U. I put in a lot of effort and I got a good grade. That's all.

Quick Reply

Latest