The Student Room Group

Cramming stories for GCSEs?

Success cramming stories for GCSE?
Yea, when I did by GCSES I didn't revise properly for 2 of my exams that I had on 1 day so the day before the exams I crammed the 2 subjects in and ended up getting an A* and a B in the subjects that I crammed in. Yea it was stressful but it can be done. Good luck!
Original post by Alonepast
Yea, when I did by GCSES I didn't revise properly for 2 of my exams that I had on 1 day so the day before the exams I crammed the 2 subjects in and ended up getting an A* and a B in the subjects that I crammed in. Yea it was stressful but it can be done. Good luck!

Wow how did you do it like how did you revise?
Original post by suzy23
Wow how did you do it like how did you revise?

I would type down all the notes from the workbooks into a google document (to get through it quicker) and would mostly jus type the notes into my computer 2 times. But that day before the exams, I stayed up until after 12PM trying to cram it all in. In the exams, I just kinda used common sense in some of the questions
I hope this helps :smile:
I would type down all the notes from the workbooks into a google document (to get through it quicker) and would mostly jus type the notes into my computer 2 times. But that day before the exams, I stayed up until after 12PM trying to cram it all in. In the exams, I just kinda used common sense in some of the questions
I hope this helps :smile:

When did you do your GCSEs?
Original post by suzy23
When did you do your GCSEs?

If you don’t mind me asking what grades did you get for your mocks before the GCSEs? And did you cram for them?
B in English lit
A in English lang
C's in the 3 sciences
B in maths
B in history
A in Geography
A in Religious studies
A* in Food and nutrition

I didn't really think too much about mocks, I revised a bit but mostly waffled through the mocks
B in English lit
A in English lang
C's in the 3 sciences
B in maths
B in history
A in Geography
A in Religious studies
A* in Food and nutrition

I didn't really think too much about mocks, I revised a bit but mostly waffled through the mocks

My current grade is a low 4 in maths right now and I need a 6 which means that I need to move to higher. would 2 weeks be enough to learn the higher content? I’m also getting a 3 in history and I also want a 6 how do I learn all the content and cram it within 2 weeks?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 9
Original post by suzy23
My current grade is a low 4 in maths right now and I need a 6 which means that I need to move to higher. would 2 weeks be enough to learn the higher content? I’m also getting a 3 in history and I also want a 6 how do I learn all the content and cram it within 2 weeks?

For the maths I think it would be possible if you work hard at it and for history maybe but idk but it is possible. u could ask your teachers to help u like ur school might have after school revision sessions where u could ask the teachers to go through anything that ur unsure about. For history it might be best to practice past papers to improve ur exam technique
Never read a word of the textbook throughout year 10 and in 2 weeks i learnt all the years content and got an A in geography
Learnt 1/12th of the a level psychology in one night before the exam ive never studied before and got an A
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest