The Student Room Group

Using the madasmaths website

I'm working through the edexcel textbooks and I am almost finished all chapters and the questions.

I'm aiming for an A* so want to really push myself and go above and beyond that so I'm confident with any question that might come up.

Question is, do I attempt the I.Y.G.B papers before or after attempting the edexcel past papers and/or solomon papers? Also, is it worth doing the individual documents or just jumping into the papers (Am I right in saying the documents with exam questions in the name are just the questions taken from the papers and put into topics)?
Reply 1
Would probably help if I tagged the person who created the site...
Reply 2
Original post by thad33
Would probably help if I tagged the person who created the site...

sorry, I am not allowed to comment as I might be breaking rules of TSR for advertising
Original post by thad33
I'm working through the edexcel textbooks and I am almost finished all chapters and the questions.

I'm aiming for an A* so want to really push myself and go above and beyond that so I'm confident with any question that might come up.

Question is, do I attempt the I.Y.G.B papers before or after attempting the edexcel past papers and/or solomon papers? Also, is it worth doing the individual documents or just jumping into the papers (Am I right in saying the documents with exam questions in the name are just the questions taken from the papers and put into topics)?

I've used the website so to give me two cents. It's a fantastic resource because it tests your understanding of the topics. I would however, recommend you first make sure you're super confident in the formulaic format of the Edexcel papers because they're ultimately what you're going to be tested on! Plus the I.Y.G.B papers are definitely more challenging compared to your average Edexcel paper so if you dived straight in without any exam paper experience it could dishearten you.

IMO after the Edexcel papers both the I.Y.G.B and Solomon papers are great for exercising and ensuring you understand the topics, because every now and then Edexcel may throw a curve ball question at you so be prepared!
Reply 4
Original post by TeeEm
sorry, I am not allowed to comment as I might be breaking rules of TSR for advertising

:bawling:
Reply 5
Original post by High Stakes
I've used the website so to give me two cents. It's a fantastic resource because it tests your understanding of the topics. I would however, recommend you first make sure you're super confident in the formulaic format of the Edexcel papers because they're ultimately what you're going to be tested on! Plus the I.Y.G.B papers are definitely more challenging compared to your average Edexcel paper so if you dived straight in without any exam paper experience it could dishearten you.

IMO after the Edexcel papers both the I.Y.G.B and Solomon papers are great for exercising and ensuring you understand the topics, because every now and then Edexcel may throw a curve ball question at you so be prepared!

I'm actually on the WJEC board but using the edexcel books and past papers because they're much better resources. The WJEC past papers I'll do closer to the exam.

Would you suggest doing any of the practice/student version documents or just trying the papers instead? I think the exam questions of each topic are just questions taken from the actual papers so no need to do them as well.
Reply 6
Original post by thad33
:bawling:

you will be better off to repost in http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=373
(do not copy and paste as some super keen community assistants might close your thread as a duplicate)
Reply 7
Original post by TeeEm
you will be better off to repost in http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=373
(do not copy and paste as some super keen community assistants might close your thread as a duplicate)

Will do, thanks
Original post by TeeEm

:borat:
Reply 9
Original post by zetamcfc
:borat:

That is what I did before with another poster ; I advised him to post in Maths.
(you felt that the poster did not observe the rules ... and further you had no time to explain as you were returning to your Maths)
So we had a perfectly good thread closed in Maths and instead we have one in Chat !!
Original post by TeeEm
That is what I did before with another poster ; I advised him to post in Maths.
(you felt that the poster did not observe the rules ... and further you had no time to explain as you were returning to your Maths)
So we had a perfectly good thread closed in Maths and instead we have one in Chat !!

One does appologise.
Reply 11
Original post by zetamcfc
One does appologise.

Fair enough ...
I guess one can only do that now ...
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest