Big Four Applications 2017

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone let me know when applications for Audit are due to open for 2017 entry?

I've been looking around online and have got the impression that it's:

Deloitte: 18th July 2016
    PwC: Probably early September
    EY: Probably early August
    KPMG: I have no idea

If anyone knows when they opened last year, I'd be very grateful

ReputationRep:
    pwc - first week of september
    ey - first week of august
    kpmg - last week of august

mind you this is based on my experience from a couple of years ago, however, I don't think it's changed recently when thinking back to my friends applying last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H.H.P.C.)
    Could anyone let me know when applications for Audit are due to open for 2017 entry?

I've been looking around online and have got the impression that it's:

Deloitte: 18th July 2016
    PwC: Probably early September
    EY: Probably early August
    KPMG: I have no idea

If anyone knows when they opened last year, I'd be very grateful
    Is this school leaver or graduate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popcornjpg)
    Is this school leaver or graduate?
    Graduate

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I've noticed PwC's applications for the assurance stream seem to have opened up already in the last couple of weeks. Anyone with any new information on this?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for KPMG today, so they are definitely already open for some locations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoingToBurst)
    I applied for KPMG today, so they are definitely already open for some locations.
    Are they open for London?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Are they open for London?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm really not sure, sorry. I'm at a Scottish uni and applied for a Scottish city, for which the application link was sent directly to my email.

ReputationRep:
    Why are these "the big four"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elivercury)
    Why are these "the big four"?
    They are the four biggest accountancy firms internationally.

ReputationRep:
    They are the four biggest accountancy firms internationally.
    Ah makes sense. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Any1 know how many grads EY takes? Some of their vacancies for 2016 are stil open.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew7)
    Hey everyone, I've noticed PwC's applications for the assurance stream seem to have opened up already in the last couple of weeks. Anyone with any new information on this?
    From the looks of it they have opened the Assurance applications for the Spring intake for Scotland, London and offices near London (St Albans, Uxbridge, Reading)

Was this definitely for 2017 intake? I can't find any details on their website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e^x)
    Any1 know how many grads EY takes? Some of their vacancies for 2016 are stil open.
    All of them recruit c.1000 grads every year across all of their offices in the UK. There are indeed some vacancies left for 2016 in a range of streams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KTS89)
    All of them recruit c.1000 grads every year across all of their offices in the UK. There are indeed some vacancies left for 2016 in a range of streams.
    Do you have any idea why there are quite a few still open? I would've thought they would have been filled up by now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e^x)
    Do you have any idea why there are quite a few still open? I would've thought they would have been filled up by now.
    They haven't found the right people yet I guess so they keep on holding assessment centres. I'm waiting to be invited to a Big 4 AC myself but there is a high chance that I'll miss the 2016 entry since the intake is about to close soon.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, thought i'd ask here. Do you know how much background checks are done at BDO and Grant Thornton? for graduates. I have an offer from both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by realtopingo)
    Hey guys, thought i'd ask here. Do you know how much background checks are done at BDO and Grant Thornton? for graduates. I have an offer from both
    What is it that you're worried about them finding?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H.H.P.C.)
    What is it that you're worried about them finding?
    To be honest, nothing really to hide. I'm international and have most of my education, experience back home. Was just wondering how far they'd go in such checks. Maybe go secretly to my former employer or something especially cos the employer was a small business. And maybe i should give them a heads up.

Was only curious. Do you have any idea how it works?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by realtopingo)
    To be honest, nothing really to hide. I'm international and have most of my education, experience back home. Was just wondering how far they'd go in such checks. Maybe go secretly to my former employer or something especially cos the employer was a small business. And maybe i should give them a heads up.

Was only curious. Do you have any idea how it works?
    At least for those who use Hire Right to do background screening, they'll request a contact and then contact them to verify you worked there when you said you did.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.