The Student Room Group

maintenance loan

Hi, would you be able to help me out with a student finance related question? I already have a tuition fee loan, but would like to apply for a maintenance loan. I have recently (January 2024) been granted settled status under the EU settlement scheme. I'm currently in my 3rd year of an integrated masters course. I had pre-settled status when I started my course, but would I be able to apply for a maintenance loan for the current academic year based on the fact that I now have settled status? Thank you.
Original post by vanda11
Hi, would you be able to help me out with a student finance related question? I already have a tuition fee loan, but would like to apply for a maintenance loan. I have recently (January 2024) been granted settled status under the EU settlement scheme. I'm currently in my 3rd year of an integrated masters course. I had pre-settled status when I started my course, but would I be able to apply for a maintenance loan for the current academic year based on the fact that I now have settled status? Thank you.

Hi Vanda,

Had you previously been applying on the EU paper form for the funding? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Vanda,

Had you previously been applying on the EU paper form for the funding? Thanks, Jason

Yes I had to send in a form by post.
Original post by vanda11

Thanks Vanda, when did you move to the UK (exact date), when did your course originally begin and are you an EU national? Thanks, Jason
Original post by vanda11

Hi Vanda,

If you have been granted Settled Status you would now be classed as a Home Student and can be eligible for further support with us. You would need to complete a PN1 form which can be located on the Student Finance England website and send it by post. We would need your Home Office letter/email confirming your status being granted along with your Immigration Status Share code.

Thanks, Ross
Reply 5
Thanks Vanda, when did you move to the UK (exact date), when did your course originally begin and are you an EU national? Thanks, Jason

Yes, I’m from Hungary (EU). I moved here in January 2017 and my course started in October 2021.
Reply 6
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi Vanda,

If you have been granted Settled Status you would now be classed as a Home Student and can be eligible for further support with us. You would need to complete a PN1 form which can be located on the Student Finance England website and send it by post. We would need your Home Office letter/email confirming your status being granted along with your Immigration Status Share code.

Thanks, Ross

Thank you!
Original post by vanda11
Thank you!

You're welcome! If you have any further queries please let us know. Thanks, Ross
Reply 8
Hi I’ve sent in my application by post and received an email saying that I need to upload evidence of the letter saying that I got settled status to my account. However, I don’t have an online account set up as I applied by post. I have in the application already provided them with my share code which shpuld be enough to check if I have settled status. This is the email they sent: Assessment of student finance application for academic year 2023/24Thanks for your application for student finance.You’ve told us that you hold Indefinite Leave to Remain under the EUSettlement scheme but we need more evidence from you to confirm that.What you need to doUpload a copy of your EU Settled Status confirmation letter to your accountusing our digital upload function. We’ll use the share code that you’vealready given us to check that you’re eligible for student finance. If youprovide your share code, you do not need to send us your identity evidence.Once we receive this information, we’ll be able to progress yourapplication further and make sure you receive the correct student financeentitlement.Yours sincerelyStudent Finance England
Original post by vanda11
Hi I’ve sent in my application by post and received an email saying that I need to upload evidence of the letter saying that I got settled status to my account. However, I don’t have an online account set up as I applied by post. I have in the application already provided them with my share code which shpuld be enough to check if I have settled status. This is the email they sent: Assessment of student finance application for academic year 2023/24Thanks for your application for student finance.You’ve told us that you hold Indefinite Leave to Remain under the EUSettlement scheme but we need more evidence from you to confirm that.What you need to doUpload a copy of your EU Settled Status confirmation letter to your accountusing our digital upload function. We’ll use the share code that you’vealready given us to check that you’re eligible for student finance. If youprovide your share code, you do not need to send us your identity evidence.Once we receive this information, we’ll be able to progress yourapplication further and make sure you receive the correct student financeentitlement.Yours sincerelyStudent Finance England
Hi Vanda,

Did you send the PN1 form that was previously advised? Thanks, Jason
Reply 10
Hi Vanda,

Did you send the PN1 form that was previously advised? Thanks, Jason
Hello, yes I sent in the PN1 form, which included my share code as well.
Original post by vanda11
Hello, yes I sent in the PN1 form, which included my share code as well.
Thanks. Can you now see your application on your account or have you not logged in or created one yet? Thanks, Jason
Reply 12
Hi, I haven’t created one as I applied by post. Should I create one now? Would that be linked to my application? Thank you.
You should have an account already with the details you have provided on the application. You will need to make a password and secret answer to log in with, it should allow you to reset this via your email. Then you follow the instruction's on the email to log in. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 14
Hi thank you. I have logged on to my account but can only see my previous student finance applications that I’ve made for tuition fees (shows it has been approved) and not the current maintenance loan one.
We don't scan it on until it is processed. So, you won't be able to see it yet. If you cannot see any option to upload your evidence online, then you will need to post it in with your Customer Reference Number. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 16
Original post by Leah SLC
We don't scan it on until it is processed. So, you won't be able to see it yet. If you cannot see any option to upload your evidence online, then you will need to post it in with your Customer Reference Number. Thanks, Leah.
Hi, I have uploaded it to this years tuition fee application, not sure if they can see it though as the application has already been approved.
That's fine, they will see it. It's around 5 working days to process this. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 18
Hi, they have asked me for evidence for work e.g. payslips for the last three months. I had a part time job in the summer but I’m not currently working as I’m focusing on my studies. If I have settled status and have lived in the UK for four years before the start of the course (course started in 2021 and moved to the UK in 2017) would I not qualifiy without evidence for work? Thanks, Vanda
Original post by vanda11
Hi, they have asked me for evidence for work e.g. payslips for the last three months. I had a part time job in the summer but I’m not currently working as I’m focusing on my studies. If I have settled status and have lived in the UK for four years before the start of the course (course started in 2021 and moved to the UK in 2017) would I not qualifiy without evidence for work? Thanks, Vanda
Hi Vanda,

You would need to contact us so we can check your application and evidence you have sent. You can call us on 0300 100 0607, we're open Monday to Friday 8am-8pm and Saturdays till 4pm.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending