The Student Room Group

Big Four Applications 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Syrianprince
If anyone needs advice on pwc's assessment centre let me know. I received a call yesterday regarding my outcome. I met the benchmark for the numerical/logical and group exercise, but unfortunately the case study exercise let me down. They gave me very informative feedback.

How long did you have to wait for feedback?
Reply 481
Original post by verier
Any tips for final interview at PWC? success rate?
Are remote offices like St Albans really prestigious like central London?
Is it easy to move from Audit to other sectors like consulting within the company?

Within the first three years, no, it's not possible. Consulting is far more competitive, whereas Audit tends to be very understaffed. No chance,
Reply 482
After 4 months of waiting in EY I finally got told that the programme is full and shown some alternatives instead (all assurance). Looks like November is not early enough to apply, oh well. Now waiting the outcome from PwC phone interview on Monday - anyone know when I should expect to hear back from that? Already feels a bit discouraging that 2 days went by without hearing back.
Original post by KTS89
After 4 months of waiting in EY I finally got told that the programme is full and shown some alternatives instead (all assurance). Looks like November is not early enough to apply, oh well. Now waiting the outcome from PwC phone interview on Monday - anyone know when I should expect to hear back from that? Already feels a bit discouraging that 2 days went by without hearing back.

EY is a joke of a company this application year.

After 6 months they could not offer me an AC for my scheme and they emailed me to put down some other available choices... even after i sent them my new choices.. they still havent replied to me and its been 3 months since then..
I have a telephone interview coming up for graduate technology data assurance role at Birmingham.

I was wondering if you could provide tips?

Will they ask me questions such as why did I apply for this role, etc? or will it be more about PWC as a whole and competency based?

Any tips/hints would be great!

thank you
Hi, I have an assessment centre with pwc next week, I wanted to know if you could please provide insight into the assessment centre.

Original post by Syrianprince
If anyone needs advice on pwc's assessment centre let me know. I received a call yesterday regarding my outcome. I met the benchmark for the numerical/logical and group exercise, but unfortunately the case study exercise let me down. They gave me very informative feedback.
Reply 486
PwC AC next week as well - any advice from those who have been there would be much appreciated.
Reply 487
Original post by nadanikoala
Hi, I have an assessment centre with pwc next week, I wanted to know if you could please provide insight into the assessment centre.

Original post by KTS89
PwC AC next week as well - any advice from those who have been there would be much appreciated.

I have an AC next week too! Is this for MC?
Reply 488
Original post by Kunta
I have an AC next week too! Is this for MC?

Yeah MC in London.
Anyone here going to be working at PwC Uxbridge? Would be nice to know some people. I'm a school leaver, Audit.
Reply 490
Original post by KTS89
Yeah MC in London.

Sweet, did you pick the Wednesday or Thursday session? I thought they said there'd be one on Monday as well in the job listing, but it wasn't available to book, did you have just those two options as well?
Reply 491
Original post by Kunta
Sweet, did you pick the Wednesday or Thursday session? I thought they said there'd be one on Monday as well in the job listing, but it wasn't available to book, did you have just those two options as well?

Yeah, I only had these two choices, and I went for Thursday.
Are there any applications to big4 open now?

Also, can you tell me please what is this about?
https://jobs.kpmgcareers.co.uk/job/London-Vacation-Programme-2017/404990000/
is it to become a cop?
@nadanikoala @Kunta @KTS89

Hey guys, good luck to all of you guys for your PwC assessment centre! I did mine last December at the Glasgow office and didn't think I would pass it but I did. I'll briefly run through the process but if you want more information about tips and other people's experiences, it'd be best to check out the glassdoors or the wikijobs websites since lots of information has been posted on there already.

So, if I remember correctly the whole AC lasts 4 hours or so, and when I did mine there were around 10-12 other candidates. They're all from different backgrounds, because I think regardless of whether you're applying to a graduate position, internship or placement, you all go through the same application process.

There are 4 tasks in total - numerical and logical aptitude tests, writing a report and the group task. A tip I read was to remember the other candidates names so that you can address them personally during the group task.But to be honest it doesn't matter because during that task, your colleagues names will be written on a piece of paper and placed in front of them. Anyway, it doesn't hurt to try and remember a couple, because it'll make a good impression anyway.

All the tests are time pressured, and most of the time I didn't finish all the questions. Focus on accuracy. Make sure all the ones you attempt are answered correctly. One thing I will say is that for the report writing task, you should structure it. You're basically given stuff to read - company info, charts, graphs, forecasts, surveys on 3 or 4 options and you need to produce a report analysing the options with a recommendation at the end. Anyway the structure I used was - short intro (background info, what the report covers, etc), Option 1- pros and cons, Option 2-pros and cons, etc, etc, Recommendation/conclusion. I didn't even have time to write complete paragraphs, so keep it brief and just write 1 or more advantages/disadvantages and move one.

And so we come to the group task. We were split into 2 group and performed our group tasks in separate room. There was one manager/partner (I can't remember his position) and 2 recruiters and they sit at the table with you, making notes while you discuss. Each person is given a brief to read, (Company sells teas and coffees, looking for the best country to set up a plantation. Given info about climate, soils, coffee/tea prices, etc etc. Each person has a different country, and you need to pitch it during the discussion)

You have some time to read the info, then discuss it with you team mates. One thing to bear in mind, is that if you have an especially pushy/bossy person in your group, it does nothing but harm they chances of passing the AC. So don't worry about them, make sure to say at least something about whether you think your individual brief meets the requirements, guide the discussion back to the main points if it seems to be going off track, make eye contact, use their names when addressing them,

Also, read somewhere that volunteering to be timekeeper is good? But nobody in group did, we would all just check the time every now and then.
Final thing, the recruiters like to throw in another piece of information for you to read during the last 5-10 mins (as if you weren't already under enough time pressure *shake my head*) Read it, it's usually about how there's a change in conditions or another option for you to evaluate - i guess to see whether you can think on your feet and analyse and assimilate new pieces of information.

Overall, I thought it was quite a stressful experience, and I didn't think I would pass. Mainly because cos I thought I didn't answer enough questions on the aptitude tests, and didn't say enough during the group task. But everyone was really nice, we got to meet a couple of their associates and ask them questions, they even provided a little lunch buffet!

I think that's all I really want to say about the PwC ACs. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. And sorry for the lengthy post. Good luck and all the best!
(edited 6 years ago)
Hello,

I have completed internships at KPMG, EY and Deloitte. I've worked in audit, tax and consulting. I've been in the London aswell as the regional offices. Thought I'd help by answering any questions that anyone would like to ask
Reply 495
Hi,

I have 4 years worth of SHL/Kenexa questions (100+) compiled from SHL tests for the top banking, engineering and accounting firms (although they are all pretty much the same in difficulty). If you would like to have a sample then purchase the whole pack (with answers) please get in contact.

B
Hi guys! New to the thread 😊

Anyone going to the AC for EY audit on Friday? (20th)

Does anybody who's completed the AC before have any tips on the written exercise by any chance? 😊
guys is it too late to apply for any of the big4 yet? some people are already having assesment centres
Original post by Skyewoods
Hello,

I have completed internships at KPMG, EY and Deloitte. I've worked in audit, tax and consulting. I've been in the London aswell as the regional offices. Thought I'd help by answering any questions that anyone would like to ask

No you havent. Stop being a troll and get a life.
Which of these Deloitte grad roles should I apply for better pay and future prospects?

Consulting, strategy and operations, Monitor Deloitte

OR

Financial advisory

Finding it difficult to decide, both seem equally interesting to me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending