Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi so im planning on taking a level physics how ever i feel as if ot would be too hard for me as i got a c in physics indivisually for additional science this was due to me being very ill and the teachers being very terrible (very) however i did manage to achieve an A in physics in core science . Do you think A level physics would be too hard for me and to study A level physics would i need any background knowledge from Gcses thxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluesunboy)
    Hi so im planning on taking a level physics how ever i feel as if ot would be too hard for me as i got a c in physics indivisually for additional science this was due to me being very ill and the teachers being very terrible (very) however i did manage to achieve an A in physics in core science . Do you think A level physics would be too hard for me and to study A level physics would i need any background knowledge from Gcses thxx
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Bump
    A-level physics is in a different league from GCSE. At A-level the most important thing is that you're competent in mathematics (A-level maths) and that you can remember processes and definitions.

You can always take the subject and swap in the first few weeks?

ReputationRep:
    Got a C in GCSE and got an A in A-Level for chemistry, if you feel confident with the subject go for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you love it, go for it, but its real difficult this year. I got an A* for all my physics in GCSE and found it the most difficult at AS (got a B) (altho my teachers were rubbish) ... I would take something easier like psychology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ememoville)
    A-level physics is in a different league from GCSE. At A-level the most important thing is that you're competent in mathematics (A-level maths) and that you can remember processes and definitions.

You can always take the subject and swap in the first few weeks?
    thx
    Btw i am taking a level maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFancy1997)
    Got a C in GCSE and got an A in A-Level for chemistry, if you feel confident with the subject go for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tysm for the confidence boost

ReputationRep:
    thx
    Btw i am taking a level maths
    I'm sure you've already been told but try and take mechanics as your applied module because m1 covers a lot of unit2 physics mechanics (on the AQA spec)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ememoville)
    I'm sure you've already been told but try and take mechanics as your applied module because m1 covers a lot of unit2 physics mechanics (on the AQA spec)
    Thx again but im doing edexcel (i think) it should hopfully apply for both
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If you are willing to work hard then why not

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.