The Student Room Group

Do you think A level physics would be too hard for me

Hi so im planning on taking a level physics how ever i feel as if ot would be too hard for me as i got a c in physics indivisually for additional science this was due to me being very ill and the teachers being very terrible (very) however i did manage to achieve an A in physics in core science . Do you think A level physics would be too hard for me and to study A level physics would i need any background knowledge from Gcses thxx
Reply 1
Original post by bluesunboy
Hi so im planning on taking a level physics how ever i feel as if ot would be too hard for me as i got a c in physics indivisually for additional science this was due to me being very ill and the teachers being very terrible (very) however i did manage to achieve an A in physics in core science . Do you think A level physics would be too hard for me and to study A level physics would i need any background knowledge from Gcses thxx

Bump
Bump

A-level physics is in a different league from GCSE. At A-level the most important thing is that you're competent in mathematics (A-level maths) and that you can remember processes and definitions.

You can always take the subject and swap in the first few weeks?

Got a C in GCSE and got an A in A-Level for chemistry, if you feel confident with the subject go for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
If you love it, go for it, but its real difficult this year. I got an A* for all my physics in GCSE and found it the most difficult at AS (got a B) (altho my teachers were rubbish) ... I would take something easier like psychology
Reply 5
Original post by ememoville
A-level physics is in a different league from GCSE. At A-level the most important thing is that you're competent in mathematics (A-level maths) and that you can remember processes and definitions.

You can always take the subject and swap in the first few weeks?
thx
Btw i am taking a level maths
Reply 6
Original post by HFancy1997
Got a C in GCSE and got an A in A-Level for chemistry, if you feel confident with the subject go for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tysm for the confidence boost
thx
Btw i am taking a level maths

I'm sure you've already been told but try and take mechanics as your applied module because m1 covers a lot of unit2 physics mechanics (on the AQA spec)
Reply 8
Original post by ememoville
I'm sure you've already been told but try and take mechanics as your applied module because m1 covers a lot of unit2 physics mechanics (on the AQA spec)

Thx again but im doing edexcel (i think) it should hopfully apply for both
Reply 9
If you are willing to work hard then why not

Quick Reply

Latest