How hard is this A Level choice?

How hard would this A level choice be?
Economics
Physics
Chemistry
Maths
Further maths
Reply 1
Economics essays would be difficult to manage if you don't like writing? :frown:

Maths, Further Maths, Physics and either Economics or Chemistry should be fine for almost any degree course.
Reply 2
Why are you doing 5 subjects?
Reply 3
Original post by .N.A.
Why are you doing 5 subjects?

Because A-Level Maths is taken in Year 12 and you can easily learn Economics in 3 months?! :biggrin: lol As well as the fact, Further Maths and Physics overlap in topics as much as 40% in Further Mechanics content and Mechanics in A-Level Physics. Chemistry is not too difficult but you really need to 'nail' the calculations as it forms 25% of the marks of A-Level Chemistry. :smile:
Original post by CR20001
Economics
Physics
Chemistry
Maths
Further maths

You only need three A levels and unis don't give bonus points for doing extra. What do you want to study at uni? Look at entry requirements and then pick your best three.
Reply 5
I do FM and its pretty hard (edexcel)
Reply 6
Original post by CR20001
Economics
Physics
Chemistry
Maths
Further maths

I'll just add that I am doing 4 and I feel so dead atm. 3 sciences is definitely enough and you need to be geared for quite a small social life with 4+ subjects (especially in the runnup to exams). But good luck with choices!!
I want to do Physics, Math, FM and Economics but haven't done Economics at GCSE. I know Economics can be done without GCSE but is further math going to be too time consuming for me to focus on something new like Economics? I have essay based gcses and I'm pretty good at it btw :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by lilian768
I want to do Physics, Math, FM and Economics but haven't done Economics at GCSE. I know Economics can be done without GCSE but is further math going to be too time consuming for me to focus on something new like Economics? I have essay based gcses and I'm pretty good at it btw :smile:

Consider Further Maths to be like half a subject, since its more like an extension to Maths.

Economics isn't a scary subject, don't worry. Most people to take Economics A Level do so without having taken it at GCSEs
Reply 9
Original post by lilian768

since i do fm, i wouldnt say its super difficult but its doable, with FM, maths becomes some what of a breeze, so you could say it somewhat eliminates that a level. People I know do FM and Econ and they say its fine and not too bad
Original post by .N.A.
Consider Further Maths to be like half a subject, since its more like an extension to Maths.

Economics isn't a scary subject, don't worry. Most people to take Economics A Level do so without having taken it at GCSEs

Oh alright
Original post by mskr710
since i do fm, i wouldnt say its super difficult but its doable, with FM, maths becomes some what of a breeze, so you could say it somewhat eliminates that a level. People I know do FM and Econ and they say its fine and not too bad

Okay thanks :h:
Reply 12
Original post by CR20001
Economics
Physics
Chemistry
Maths
Further maths

Heya!
What are you thinking of doing in the future? Usually unis require 3 alvls, 5 can be a bit too much! :h: I would recommend choosing 3 + FM if possible, the choice depends on what you want to do in the future!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest