The Student Room Group
Reply 1
niomi
is it fair that teachers at my school put me in set 5/6 for maths and then now im in yr 9 set 3/6 and im still finding it easy. i rekon i could b in set 1/6 for maths

I suggest you wait til a parents evening and bring it up with a teacher then. That's assuming that you attend your parents evenings along with your parents (which is how my school worked)
Reply 2
onlywee
I suggest you wait til a parents evening and bring it up with a teacher then. That's assuming that you attend your parents evenings along with your parents (which is how my school worked)

good idea i think i'll do that
Reply 3
yeh, if they give you a good reason as to why you can't be in the top set then don't get demoralised, concentrate on what they've said and then try to get to top set next year (year 10 right?) which is when GCSE's will start for you. And it's important you're in the right set then.
Reply 4
onlywee
yeh, if they give you a good reason as to why you can't be in the top set then don't get demoralised, concentrate on what they've said and then try to get to top set next year (year 10 right?) which is when GCSE's will start for you. And it's important you're in the right set then.

they done the same in science set 6/6 i could of been in set 2
Reply 5
onlywee

i have parents evening in december 2003 next
Reply 6
niomi
i have parents evening in december 2003 next

ok, well if this is really getting to you, perhaps you can arrange a meeting with your parents to see a teacher? or get your parents to write a kind-worded letter about it? saying you don't feel as if you're being pushed to your potential.
Reply 7
onlywee
ok, well if this is really getting to you, perhaps you can arrange a meeting with your parents to see a teacher? or get your parents to write a kind-worded letter about it? saying you don't feel as if you're being pushed to your potential.

its really horrible bein in the lo set every one makes fun of you and calls u thick
Reply 8
niomi
they done the same in science set 6/6 i could of been in set 2

But presumably not Set 2 for English?

Onlywee's method is not the only solution. Personally, I would prefer to get on working quietly. I'd have nothing to prove in set 6, but I would have everything to gain by working hard and producing results.

Only when you start producing results comparable to set 2 can you make a valid claim to join it. (That is if you're not producing the results already).
Reply 9
Tek

Onlywee's method is not the only solution. Personally, I would prefer to get on working quietly. I'd have nothing to prove in set 6, but I would have everything to gain by working hard and producing results.

Only when you start producing results comparable to set 2 can you make a valid claim to join it. (That is if you're not producing the results already).

im only in yr 9 but yr 10 in sept
Reply 10
Tek

i agree. i was just assuming that she was acheiving the grades required by the top set, and felt hard done by. Niomi, if you aren't getting the marks you need, take tek's advice, and just keep at it. In the end streaming is for everyone's good.
Reply 11
niomi: I gathered that from reading the thread: how is your new comment relevant to my last post?
Reply 12
Tek
niomi: I gathered that from reading the thread: how is your new comment relevant to my last post?

sorry i mis read the queation
Reply 13
If you're refering to But presumably not Set 2 for English? then you should know it's a rhetorical question.

You said i could of been in set 2 [for Science] and I joked that you could not be in set 2 for English owing to your use of the word 'of' when you should have used the verb 'have'.
Reply 14
yo tek, isn't that a bit rude?
Reply 15
Hey, people have to learn these things.

As a confessed pedant, I find the misuse of language quite shocking :eek:
Reply 16
Tek
Hey, people have to learn these things.

As a confessed pedant, I find the misuse of language quite shocking :eek:

by the way im not good at reading stuff.not good at english

Latest

Trending